This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

egg moves

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: link55588

link55588
3 years ago#1
Ok so I was going to get into breeding this gen, and when I back into the game a couple weeks ago, I ACCIDENTALLY wonder traded my destiny knot away so i don't care about that anymoe. That being said I have seen a lot of weird egg move lines (wide guard on honedge) show up, so is it possible we are missing some? LIke for instance, has anyone tried breeding hypnosis on a galvantula? is that even possible? I know golduck can learn it, and golduck and masquerain are both water 1 group in egg groups, but masquerain is also bug, with galvantula. So do you think it possible? sorry if this is a dumb question
3ds - 4897 6040 7295

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#2
Seeing as I assume they've tried every move on every Pokemon and Galvantula wasn't unobtainable in this game, I'd say it's impossible.

As for the Destiny Knot thing, there's a trainer in the alleyways of Lumiose City that will give you another one after you defeat her...each time. Why you'd need to have a stockpile of them, I don't know, but you can get an infinite amount of them.
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh

link55588
3 years ago#3
galvantula is available in this game.... also thanks for that tip, did not know that
3ds - 4897 6040 7295

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#4
link55588 posted...
galvantula is available in this game.

Note that I said it wasn't unobtainable...double negative means it's available. I've got a Friend Safari that has it there, but I've yet to get around to picking one up.
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh

link55588
3 years ago#5
haha didnt read that right. I mean i think it might be possible, didnt we only recently discover wide guard on honedge through around a 7 chain breed? i feel like it might be possible, he can learn psychic movies
3ds - 4897 6040 7295

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#6
link55588 posted...
haha didnt read that right. I mean i think it might be possible, didnt we only recently discover wide guard on honedge through around a 7 chain breed? i feel like it might be possible, he can learn psychic movies

That was probably because there wasn't a start to the chain before the Bank came out (since egg groupings weren't conducive to a start point). With Hypnosis Galv, it's a simple matter of using Yanma to try.

As for learning moves of a certain type, they can be explained away easily:

Agility - Probably shouldn't be Psychic anyway, but spiders can be quick if needed.
Light Screen - Note that it doesn't learn the other screen. It could easily throw up a solid form of electricity to protect itself.
Rest - Everything that can learn TMs can learn Rest.
- Myles Keogh

link55588
3 years ago#7
ahh that makes sense, i guess its not possible to get a compound eyes pokemon with hypnosis, unless you really want to use Yanama. I feel like Yanmega HAD compound eyes in one of the gens, but not anymore
3ds - 4897 6040 7295

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived