This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna nuzlocke my way all the way up from Gen III while I wait for Pokebank

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gonna nuzlocke my way all the way up from Gen III while I wait for Pokebank

User Info: gkathellar

gkathellar
3 years ago#1
I was thinking about how I'd like to RNG some legendaries and things I can't breed before the bank comes out, but since that's postgame nonsense, and just playing through normally again would bore the hell out of me ... topic (for reference, nothing I RNG will be used for battles).

I figure I'll go Emerald -> Platinum -> Heart Gold -> Black. I've never actually played Black 2 before, so whether or not I take up the challenge on that will depend on how much I'm enjoying myself.

This will be my first time doing the nuzlocke challenge, and will be my second time through some of these games, so I'm full of enthusiasm, and I feel the need to let the world know.

Advice? Interest? Best wishes? Prophecies of doom? Cool story bro?
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835
Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra

User Info: Oak_Tea

Oak_Tea
3 years ago#2
Emerald and Platinum will be tough. Heart Gold will probably only be difficult if you go all the way to Red.

Black and Black 2 should be easier unless you meet an early end or a full-party KO...due to the experience system, it'll be easy to add new party members.

I'd recommend trying to get Challenge Mode on Black 2...it makes the game a lot more fun. (though you will need to get lucky with some of the Pokemon for the early gym leaders)
Now playing: Pokemon X

User Info: H1GHSMIGHT

H1GHSMIGHT
3 years ago#3
You should add me on skype I'll nuzlocke with you

User Info: adece91

adece91
3 years ago#4
H1GHSMIGHT posted...
You should add me on skype I'll nuzlocke with you

lol dont u have your own topic? xd
3DS Friend Code: 1461-6251-8873

User Info: Ultima_Wraith

Ultima_Wraith
3 years ago#5
New tier of difficulty, have the living parents from the previous game breed and use their offspring for consecutive games (i don't even remember if this is possible)
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
Vs. Recorder Videos: 73PG-WWWW-WWWX-UQD3 & UUNG-WWWW-WWW2-K47K

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
3 years ago#6
Ultima_Wraith posted...
New tier of difficulty, have the living parents from the previous game breed and use their offspring for consecutive games (i don't even remember if this is possible)

Good idea. Should be poss.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen!
So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.

Ultima_Wraith
3 years ago#7
piranhapete posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

Good idea. Should be poss.

I'd think at a minimum you'd have to have access to people willing to accept the traded offspring and send them back to you in the new game, it'd be complicated but if you're killing time and rushing isn't an issue it might be worth it to someone.

User Info: Mtvn

Mtvn
3 years ago#8
Ultima_Wraith posted...

It is BUT you would need like 2 ds and 2 gen 4 games and 2 gen 5 so you can transfer then trade the offspring to the next game your nuslocking ( if your doing it all yourself )
3ds FC 4854-7381-5816
sawsbuck sunkern quilladen please pm me if added

Ultima_Wraith
3 years ago#9
Mtvn posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

It is BUT you would need like 2 ds and 2 gen 4 games and 2 gen 5 so you can transfer then trade the offspring to the next game your nuslocking ( if your doing it cross gen )

I figured it would be incredibly complicated but someone somewhere might be able to do it (Is this a thing already? If not i'm naming it..... Dynastylocke)

User Info: Mtvn

Mtvn
3 years ago#10
Ultima_Wraith posted...
Mtvn posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

It is BUT you would need like 2 ds and 2 gen 4 games and 2 gen 5 so you can transfer then trade the offspring to the next game your nuslocking ( if your doing it cross gen )

I figured it would be incredibly complicated but someone somewhere might be able to do it (Is this a thing already? If not i'm naming it..... Dynastylocke)

I don't belive its a thing but anyone could do it if they had access to a minimum of 1 ds lite 1 3ds 1 unbeaten gen 4 1 beaten gen 4 1 beaten gen 5 1 unbeaten gen 5 once you get to gen 6+ all you need is the pokebank ( again one needs all of this unless your getting help from people online)
3ds FC 4854-7381-5816
sawsbuck sunkern quilladen please pm me if added
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gonna nuzlocke my way all the way up from Gen III while I wait for Pokebank

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived