This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

252+ SpA EBelt Gyarados Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor 111.6 - 132.5%

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. 252+ SpA EBelt Gyarados Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor 111.6 - 132.5%

User Info: J_Applei

J_Applei
3 years ago#21
... Wow, this is why I love competing against maps. You never know what to expect.
"Calm down. Take a deep breath, and remind yourself that this is the internet.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
3 years ago#22
reaverz posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Reminds me of Gen 1.

Gyarados would occasionally surprise you with a Fire Blast from that maw of his.

Given that Gyarados' had an effective Special Attack base stat of 100 in Gen I (since Special counted as both Sp.A and Sp.D), it wasn't surprising to see Gyarados running special moves back then.

It still sucks because that's about everything it have in the meta

And Fire Blast sucks because the only relevant Grass type is Eggy, who lose to blizz spam anyway
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094

User Info: ShadowUmbreon42

ShadowUmbreon42
3 years ago#23
DemiseEnd posted...
reaverz posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Reminds me of Gen 1.

Gyarados would occasionally surprise you with a Fire Blast from that maw of his.

Given that Gyarados' had an effective Special Attack base stat of 100 in Gen I (since Special counted as both Sp.A and Sp.D), it wasn't surprising to see Gyarados running special moves back then.

It still sucks because that's about everything it have in the meta

And Fire Blast sucks because the only relevant Grass type is Eggy, who lose to blizz spam anyway

Speaking of which, if blissey was gen 1 it'd be OP

If shuckle was gen 1 it'd be OP except it has no special moves
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick

User Info: Reptobismol

Reptobismol
3 years ago#24
Most Gen 1 pokes were distributed TM attacks pretty generously. It's way too late to be surprised by this.
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. 252+ SpA EBelt Gyarados Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor 111.6 - 132.5%

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived