This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think that hacking is not cheating?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people think that hacking is not cheating?

User Info: Xavuu

Xavuu
3 years ago#11
KeeperOfShadows posted...
They just do. Get over it. We'll all be happier.

^^

Who cares. Nobody cares if they hack. Hackers gonna hack.
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.

User Info: Darksta

Darksta
3 years ago#12
Inferno05 posted...
Darksta posted...
The definition of Cheating:
Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.

The definition of hack:
To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network.

So....if you hack to get a Pokemon or an item, by ways not naturally in the game (such as using a third party program)....how are you not cheating.

Just wondering.

If we're here telling you we did it, we're not acting dishonestly.

With RNG Abuse in past gens and Destiny Knot this gen, we gain no advantage in battle.

Who said anything about advantages.

My thread states simply, if someone edits files to change a Pokemon, create a new Pokemon, or gain items, how (by the definitions listed) is that not considered cheating.

I never said it gives you an advantage or disadvantage. I am mearly arguing the "act" of doing such a thing. If its not a natural part of the system, then it must be cheating the system, right?

I could care less if you do it. Just wondering how someone could say doing so is not cheating.
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong

User Info: WashUrBurn

WashUrBurn
3 years ago#13
Eagles_Shadow posted...
-outcome achievable in game
-takes less than 5 mins
-why does it matter
FC: 3368-1381-6777 IGN: Roger
Friend safari: Dedenne, Floette, Swirlix. [TSV: 887]

User Info: BlissedIgnoranc

BlissedIgnoranc
3 years ago#14
Ulevo posted...
I have a better question. Why do people feel the need to complain about hacking or cheating?

They lack lives or hobbies, thus they need something to do. Complaining is close to a competitive sport on the internet.
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue

User Info: Hoozah123

Hoozah123
3 years ago#15
Inferno05 posted...

With RNG Abuse in past gens and Destiny Knot this gen, we gain no advantage in battle.

I really have nothing against RNG Abuse, and it does seem a bit unfair and yet it is still part of the game mechanic. I just let that junk slide.. This gen, we can't RNG abuse the legendary like we can back in the old days.
Pink 3DS 1650-2393-3788
Black 3DS FC 2981-5749-0630 FC full

User Info: PokeMin111

PokeMin111
3 years ago#16
even better question, why don't hackers just play something else if they can't enjoy pokemon without cheating at it.

you must be pretty bad to have to rely on god mode to compete, I feel sorry for you guys, it's almost cute. :)
3DS/PKMN X friend code: 4871 4409 5604 TSV: Cheat more noob
feel free to inbox me for friend safari exchange

BlissedIgnoranc
3 years ago#17
PokeMin111 posted...
even better question, why don't hackers just play something else if they can't enjoy pokemon without cheating at it.

you must be pretty bad to have to rely on god mode to compete, I feel sorry for you guys, it's almost cute. :)

I feel sorry for you that noone takes you seriously.

PokeMin111
3 years ago#18
BlissedIgnoranc posted...
PokeMin111 posted...

ignorance is bliss to you hackers anyway, you don't want to hear the truth that you're pathetic ;)

Is me copying your bait style doing anything for you?

BlissedIgnoranc
3 years ago#19
PokeMin111 posted...
PokeMin111 posted...

ignorance is bliss to you hackers anyway, you don't want to hear the truth that you're pathetic ;)

It amuses me, yes. Assuming we hack because we're bad at games is just stupid in itself, I'm sorry to say. I hack because it amuses me and saves me time, I tend to avoid hacking ANY game until I've 100% it. We like to test our limits, simple as that.

PokeMin111
3 years ago#20
PokeMin111 posted...
PokeMin111 posted...

It amuses me, yes. Assuming we hack because we're bad at games is just stupid in itself, I'm sorry to say. I hack because it amuses me and saves me time, I tend to avoid hacking ANY game until I've 100% it. We like to test our limits, simple as that.

Well then why would hackers guise and try to say they're legit? Obviously they're looking to play at an advantage. Gotta make up for that laziness ;D
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people think that hacking is not cheating?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived