This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I got a Xerneas...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, I got a Xerneas...

User Info: DarkTwoopah

DarkTwoopah
3 years ago#1
I traded my Yveltal on GTS for a Xerneas, and I got a pretty good Xerneas with Pokerus, and I was wondering, which is better? Was it wise to trade? I have heard that Yveltal is useless compared to Xerneas, but I don't really know how to use Legendaries effectively other than just smack with the signature.

I have a Zygarde that I don't want as well, but I don't know what to trade it for that I could actually get what I'm asking for and it actually be worth the trade. What should I trade it for?
3DS: 3480 - 2549 - 4016
i make sense 66.6 percent of the time.

User Info: Puppyfaic

Puppyfaic
3 years ago#2
Xerneas is amazing for Geomancy.
Give it a Power Herb and you have a Shell Smash with no drawbacks.
3DS FC: 0216 1295 1824 | Pokemon X IGN: Puppyfaic | Bergmite, Snorunt, Piloswine
Playing: Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7, PMD Gates to Infinity

DarkTwoopah
3 years ago#3
^I have no clue what this means lol

User Info: Puppyfaic

Puppyfaic
3 years ago#4
DarkTwoopah posted...
^I have no clue what this means lol

Geomancy is originally a two-turn set-up move that increases your Speed, Special Attack and Special Defense by 2 stages.
A power herb turns two-turn moves into one-turn moves, but can only be used once.
Shell Smash does the exact same thing in one turn, but lowers your defense and attack.
3DS FC: 0216 1295 1824 | Pokemon X IGN: Puppyfaic | Bergmite, Snorunt, Piloswine
Playing: Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7, PMD Gates to Infinity

User Info: mandydgls

mandydgls
3 years ago#5
Xerneas is the only Gen VI legendary I consistently use on my team. It's pretty awesome imo.

Good trade was good. :)
Music is the key! Unless you're playing an RPG. Then there's an actual key you have to find.
Pokemon FS: Fire (Pyroar, Braixen, Magmar) PM me for FC. :)

DarkTwoopah
3 years ago#6
So basically, Xerneas I should stick with, now the problem with the Zygarde.

User Info: Giratinalga

Giratinalga
3 years ago#7
I feel like Yveltal > Xerneas, but only slightly.
PSN: julito427
3DS FC: 5300-9429-4816

User Info: ExcIusivity69

ExcIusivity69
3 years ago#8
Giratinalga posted...

How?
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote

User Info: Giratinalga

Giratinalga
3 years ago#9
ExcIusivity69 posted...
Giratinalga posted...

How?

Generally more variety, a great STAB combination, strongest Sucker Punch in the game, and one hell of a bulky Pokemon with Oblivion Wing.

Xerneas has Geomancy, but you get one shot and that's it. You either get the boosts and sweep, or you get stopped and Xerneas becomes a liability due to no item since White Herb goes away.

You can use it as a Special Attacker, and it can definitely be successful since Fairy is pretty damn good as a STAB typing, but it's pretty run of the mill. Mixed is also good, but base 99 speed is only so good for so long.

Yveltal can do a lot of the things that Xerneas can do while having fantastic STAB coverage with Dark + Flying, and survivability and bulkiness that is surprising as heck. Try it out.
PSN: julito427
3DS FC: 5300-9429-4816

User Info: tempest_storm34

tempest_storm34
3 years ago#10
I prefer Xerneas because of STAB Fairy Aura Moonblast, and b/c I probably wouldn't be able to find a good way to use both Oblivion Wing and Sucker Punch (I don't like mixed sets lol). Actually, it's probably because I only have Xerneas :)
FC: 1693-1529-4475. Safari: Zebstrika, Emolga, Helioptile
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, I got a Xerneas...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived