This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1

User Info: colbage

colbage
2 years ago#181
Hey PokeFans,

This has been a very grey area but hot topic none the less. It seems to me that a lot of people are looking for more information regarding this, so I simply wanted to share my experience.

I am a HUGE fan of Shiny hunting, it is apart of almost everything I do. It is at my side both at home and work, shiny hunting.. How messed is that? But I love it and wouldn't have it any other way! I've been quite successful so far, as of current I have a full box, and a full line in my next box full of Shiny's. I used fish chaining methods, and magnet pull for Honedge mostly. I have yet to come across a Shiny in Friend Safari period but I haven't tried / stayed much dedicated past 150 encounters, so I write this log as a beginning I suppose.

MY TEAM:

My team that I use in friend safari compromise of only 2 pokemon:

- Watchog ( Illuminate ability ) Item: Smoke Ball Lvl: 38

I chose this as the lead of my party for the ability Illuminate which will Increase your encounter rate by 200%, this in my opinion also affects the Shiny rate but only slightly. I had given him Smoke ball to allow me to easily run from every non-shiny encounter, making the encounters themselves pass by relatively quickly.

- Gallade Lvl 98

I hadn't chose this pokemon because of his ability, but because he is a fairly fast pokemon that can land hits first, and great for knowing moves Mean Look which will prevent a pokemon from fleeing, and False Swipe to reduce the HP to 1, and a stat move that paralyzes the pokemon to raise the catch rate.

Apparently the Shiny rate is guestimated to be roughly 1/5xx odd encounters, so with the above team, I hope to quickly go through encounters and once a Shiny does appear, capture him with ease making sure not to faint him, seems fairly fool proof eh?

Now, like I said I've had success else where, other than Eggs ( Probs hatched 1500, from various attempts, all failures: Very frustrating to pick back up / have patience for ); and I have not yet seen a single shiny yet in friend safari.

Hopefully, after some more dedicated time in the safari, I will be in a position to provide more information, I really hope the above helps everyone who is interested.

Thanks again.

User Info: ErikBehemoth

ErikBehemoth
2 years ago#182
The Masuda method is a very cruel, unpredictable beast. Shiny Beldum took 486 eggs, but Torchic took 17 and Gible only 3 (!!!). It's pretty ridiculous. I'm using MM in combination with the Shiny Charm.

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
2 years ago#183
I'm not sure how many I was in, but it didn't take long for a shiny Mr. Mime to appear for me. It's Calm Nature and has the HA, but a Defense and HP were off.
A General of Pokelite Trainers' Sanctum
Chances are slm to none at best.
I suppose its best to get a foreign ditto?
does anyone have one?
anywhere outside the US

User Info: CoolBeansAvi

CoolBeansAvi
2 years ago#185
Cool, after reading this topic I thought I'd try the fishing method myself. Caught a shiny Clauncher on the 12th reel.
Hey kiddies

User Info: CoolBeansAvi

CoolBeansAvi
2 years ago#186
Tried again and got a Poliwhirl on the 24th reel. Too bad it looks almost indistinguishable from a normal one lol.
Hey kiddies

User Info: Tigerlily339

Tigerlily339
1 year ago#187
Has any one made a poke radar section yet? I couldn't go through 10 pages just to know.
Creator of the Combat, friend code 2981-7171-0997

User Info: Tigerlily339

Tigerlily339
1 year ago#188
Bump.
Retainer to Lord Nick. On my oath as a cavalier, I swear to stay by his side and keep him safe.
Official Songstress of the Fates board.

User Info: justinpoulson

justinpoulson
1 year ago#189
will breeding a shiny from my region with a shiny from a different region increase my chances?

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
1 year ago#190
justinpoulson posted...
will breeding a shiny from my region with a shiny from a different region increase my chances?

Region differences help increase the chances while shininess isn't something that passes down, so it makes no difference whether or not the parents are shiny.
A General of Pokelite Trainers' Sanctum
Chances are slm to none at best.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The Official Shiny Pokemon Guide: Masuda Method, a Fishing Rod, and YOU! v1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.