This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone of you actually failed in capturing a Shiny Pokemon in the wild?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Has anyone of you actually failed in capturing a Shiny Pokemon in the wild?

User Info: shinyxerneas

shinyxerneas
3 years ago#131
I work full time in the friend safari and I have like around 80 shinies from there now. I have ran away from at least three shinies, charmeleon, ponyta, and swirlix. Some are difficult to tell whether shiny or not if I missed the sparkling entrance sequence and I'm sure I ran away not knowing.

User Info: bizarro_dood

bizarro_dood
3 years ago#132
Just one. I false swiped an eevee in the safari.....

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 years ago#133
I lost a shiny Beldum on 228 because I didn't realize their catch rate was 3. How was I to know? Anyway, the next time I brought a Master Ball.
My 100 RPG Battle Themes Countdown - give it a listen!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrjNY3iWNtWyJvcNzXJL5WzxdtQ58N_hs

User Info: Necro_Slain

Necro_Slain
3 years ago#134
Was Horde Battling for EV training. Horde of Weepinbel appeared, me, not paying attention, knocked them out with Earthquake. Right as the last one faints, I notice it looks a bit different. Check the pokedex to see that I've seen one shiny female Weepinbel...

Such sadness...
The official Chaos Blade of the Darks Souls Xbox 360 board.
GT: Pinkies Pie

User Info: vicreve

vicreve
3 years ago#135
Ryhorn in the safari zone in ruby. Why god why must they run from you I never had a chance.
hi guys

User Info: phoenixflame95

phoenixflame95
3 years ago#136
I was falling in and out of sleep and still can't remember if I encountered a Solosis that was shiny or not. I just remember that I ran away immediately. But then I ran into a shiny Mr. Mime straight after so I convinced myself the Solosis couldn't be shiny.

User Info: pichuvolttackle

pichuvolttackle
3 years ago#137
it was in silver version and i didn't know about shinies but heard about it a little but tought it was a legend or something I wasnt sure at first if the sparks showed bc i wasnt paying attention but got to see the last sparks and thought it was weird and it wasnt very clear that it was a shiny bc it was a scyther!!!! I tried to catch it to confirm and used "false swipe" thats what i thought it was but I used another move instead and it died :( and I have also killed a tangela in the same game got a crit that time
FC: 5300 9717 4066 (X)
IGN: Agri

User Info: trewerd

trewerd
3 years ago#138
Never failed at capture, but my 3DS had failed me before.
I caught a shiny Wortortle, and had named it "Cryoshell". Immediately after, my game tells me that I had an error and restarted. My Wortortle then became lost.
So ready for:Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Tales of Xillia 2, and Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright.

User Info: GatedSunOne

GatedSunOne
3 years ago#139
Tsukasa1891 posted...
twice in pokemon gold. first time was a teddiursa who ran away. second time was a tentacool because my pc box was full and i forgot to change it.

I had a similar failure with a freaking Shiny Tangela. I forgot to change boxes, so I let it run or I killed it.

Can't remember which, as I was the original Silver when that occurred.
FC: 2964-8693-8509 IGN: Verylin
Official Dream Eater of Serebii.Net. Current Dream Log for 2014: 4/365
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Has anyone of you actually failed in capturing a Shiny Pokemon in the wild?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived