This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Transfering from Gen IV --> Gen V

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Transfering from Gen IV --> Gen V

User Info: Miksu454

Miksu454
3 years ago#1
I have a copy of Platinum (and Pearl) and I don't have any gen V game. I'm going to probably buy black 2 or white 2. I have understood that there is a way in gen V games to transfer pokemon from IV to them. Do you need to beat the game or is it available from the start? I only have 29 days until my free pass expires on bank so I need to know if I'm going to have to do a speed run.
Little Koko never had a chance...
3DS FC: 2681-0528-4713 Pokemon X safari (Ground): Wooper, Dugtrio, Palpitoad

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#2
The Transfer place in Gen V requires you to beat the Elite 4, so you may have to speed run it unfortunately.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: Irvine Tomoe

Irvine Tomoe
3 years ago#3
You have to beat the game, AND you need 2 DS systems available at the time of transfer.
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
3DS code for Pokemon Y: Hotaru, 4012-5008-6899

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#4
Irvine Tomoe posted...
You have to beat the game, AND you need 2 DS systems available at the time of transfer.

Of course, if you have a DS and a 3DS, that also works.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: Miksu454

Miksu454
3 years ago#5
Irvine Tomoe posted...

Really? Well I do have a DSi and my 3DS.

Any tips for a speedrun? Usually takes me 2 months to get through a pokemon game, but that is with me exploring everything.
Little Koko never had a chance...
3DS FC: 2681-0528-4713 Pokemon X safari (Ground): Wooper, Dugtrio, Palpitoad

User Info: Shamankian

Shamankian
3 years ago#6
Miksu454 posted...
Irvine Tomoe posted...

Any tips for a speedrun? Usually takes me 2 months to get through a pokemon game, but that is with me exploring everything.

Audino's are your friends. Also, Sword Dance on the Trio legendary thingies are really a godsend for the League. And otherwise, just try not to explore :P

User Info: playingrobot

playingrobot
3 years ago#7
Miksu454 posted...
Irvine Tomoe posted...

Then don't explore and go through it. Though you'll probably need to grind.
Pokemon X:1263-6784-7845 PM me so I can add you!
Give back chunkyshtew's Pringles!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Transfering from Gen IV --> Gen V

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived