This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on a possible Pokebank legitimacy checker update?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Thoughts on a possible Pokebank legitimacy checker update?

User Info: Xodarhis

Xodarhis
3 years ago#1
What are the chances that Nintendo updates their legitimacy checkers to actually snag all of the hacked pokemon? It's just not fair that people can bring over 6IV anything if they didn't work for it. Wasn't there some bit data they would search to determine if it had been modified or not? Hackedmons are really screwing up the metagame, and the trade board is completely unusable now.

User Info: archie44

archie44
3 years ago#2
But... You can breed 6IV pokemon so easily now x.x
Black FC: 4857 2140 8513 | White 2 FC: 1679 1611 7522
Dream World Collection: http://tiny.cc/3ubwjw - Always looking for more!

User Info: slomaster

slomaster
3 years ago#3
archie44 posted...
But... You can breed 6IV pokemon so easily now x.x

But not Pokemon with tutor moves...
3DS friend code: 5343-9422-5721
Grass-type Friend Safari: Quilladin, Pansage, Swadloon

User Info: ArmoredGuns

ArmoredGuns
3 years ago#4
Why are they screwing the metagame? Because you can't defeat them or you can't take 30 minutes of your life breeding 5IV Pokemon? Grow up.
3DS fc 2793-0624-6910 (Don) TSV 3902

User Info: Xodarhis

Xodarhis
3 years ago#5
ArmoredGuns posted...
Why are they screwing the metagame? Because you can't defeat them or you can't take 30 minutes of your life breeding 5IV Pokemon? Grow up.

Because adults have real jobs and responsibilities that don't involve hatching hundreds of eggs? And if I had the mindset that they were too hard to obtain normally then wouldn't I be PRO hacking? Use your head.

ArmoredGuns
3 years ago#6
Xodarhis posted...
ArmoredGuns posted...

Because adults have real jobs and responsibilities that don't involve hatching hundreds of eggs? And if I had the mindset that they were too hard to obtain normally then wouldn't I be PRO hacking? Use your head.

Then if you're too busy with your life you shouldn't be playing Pokemon at all.

User Info: Xynaxus64

Xynaxus64
3 years ago#7
IV boosts are actually surprisingly small. They can provide a slight edge in battle, but it's not going to be a massive difference. People just breed for them because that slight boost can sometimes make all the difference. For instance, if you and your opponent are using the same Pokemon, with the same EV investments, the one with the better speed IV's will have a slight advantage.
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
IGN: Dr. Z

User Info: Sad_Face

Sad_Face
3 years ago#8

I know it took me at least 30 hours to breed the right Eevee and I spent more time breeding for her than working at my job. Once I finished breeding for my first team and EV trained all but one of them, I got burnt out and haven't touched it since. I can easily sympathize with those who want to bypass the breeding process because it's much more difficult to mix and match and try new things out than it would be on Pokemon Showdown.
http://i.imgur.com/YYsr5Fo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Ggm1rlp.gif

User Info: ElSilverWind

ElSilverWind
3 years ago#9
Xodarhis posted...
ArmoredGuns posted...

Your job takes so much time out of your day that you can't spare half an hour? Either you work in some kind of sweatshop (in which case, congratulations on finding a working computer and taking the time to create a GameFAQs account before your oppressors discovered you) or you have responsibilities which take precedence 24 hours a day. (Like children). In which case, why does spending 5 minutes on a computer make your life so much easier than 30 minutes on your DS when the final result will be spending what is potentially hours of your life playing Wifi on your 3DS which is time that you apparently cannot afford to spend because of your job and responsibilities?
FS Code: 2251 - 5180 - 0444
Grass: Ivysaur, Sunkern, and Quillidan

ArmoredGuns
3 years ago#10
Sad_Face posted...

I know it took me at least 30 hours to breed the right Eevee and I spent more time breeding for her than working at my job. Once I finished breeding for my first team and EV trained all but one of them, I got burnt out and haven't touched it since. I can easily sympathize with those who want to bypass the breeding process because it's much more difficult to mix and match and try new things out than it would be on Pokemon Showdown.

It took you 30 hours because you didn't have the right tools. Oval Charm + Hatching Power lvl 3 + 6IV Ditto should take you no longer than 30 minutes for a 5IV Pokemon. You can get the Ditto easily in the tradeboards (everyone should have it by now if they really search for one).
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Thoughts on a possible Pokebank legitimacy checker update?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived