This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, everything! PLEASE READ!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, everything! PLEASE READ!

User Info: ArchmageTay

ArchmageTay
3 years ago#31
This was awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to create and share it!

User Info: Nightangel77

Nightangel77
3 years ago#32
Very awesome and very informative thanks a lot on the topic !
FC: 0748-2942-9733 IGN: night angel

User Info: tech97

tech97
3 years ago#33
k, so just to be clear, if you were to reset bag, say, a level 89, and then super train in again, it would have some effect on it?

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#34
tech97 posted...
k, so just to be clear, if you were to reset bag, say, a level 89, and then super train in again, it would have some effect on it?

Define "some effect".

It would adjust your stats to whatever they would have been if you super trained the way you did after you used the Reset Bag in the first place.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Xeno3064

Xeno3064
3 years ago#35
Oof this is gonna take awhile for me to understand. So I understand that EVs are entirely different from stats (HP, Attack, Defense, etc.) but they do not determine the stats? Or at least not affect it in some way? I had thought that for every 4 EVs you allot 1 point for a stat for whichever the 4 EVs fall under. I understand there is a base stat for each species of pokemon, and stats can also be determined by IVs, correct? But are where EVs fall under in a stat category determined by a pokemon's nature if EVs affect stats at all? Or a better question would be how does a pokemon's nature affect its EVs if at all? Sorry if I misinterpreted any of your information. I'm just trying to be semi-prepared. I skipped X & Y but I'm highly considering Alpha Sapphire which would retain many if not all the properties of those 2 games. I also never bothered much with natures/IVs/EVs in previous generations. I have done a little in egg moves and abilities, and passing a nature down seems easy enough. With more online interaction it seems more necessary to bother with breeding stronger pokemon, though when ORAS comes around I'm only going to semi worry about it despite the fact that many other people will be breeding perfect pokemon. I simply would not have the time to do so, and it am far too impatient anyway to completely care though I would to some extent.
2DS FC: 3110-5563-1691 | DA: 5100-4694-0051
Dreamies: Merengue*, Bruce*, Phoebe*, Stitches*, Whitney*, Sprinkle*, ~Colton, Kid Cat*, Fang*, Ruby

User Info: L1GUY

L1GUY
3 years ago#36
What are perfect IVs?
<Insert good signature here>

jayman7
3 years ago#37
Xeno3064 posted...
So I understand that EVs are entirely different from stats (HP, Attack, Defense, etc.)

Yes.

but they do not determine the stats? Or at least not affect it in some way?

... But no.

I had thought that for every 4 EVs you allot 1 point for a stat for whichever the 4 EVs fall under.

Right, at level 100. Lower level = different conversion.

Or a better question would be how does a pokemon's nature affect its EVs if at all?

No, but it does affect the stats gained from EVs (because its 10% bonus/penalty is applied to the stat formula after EVs are.)

L1GUY posted...
What are perfect IVs?

31 in all stats.

User Info: HFireSyndrome

HFireSyndrome
3 years ago#38
jayman7 posted...
L1GUY posted...
What are perfect IVs?

31 in all stats.

Typically the result of hours, days - maybe even WEEKS of Hot Skitty on Wailord Action.
Anon :"So what's 'Hellfire Syndrome' anyway?"
Me: "Ask your Doctor, you've been infected."

User Info: forgotentears

forgotentears
3 years ago#39
So if you have perfect ivs does that mean each stat has 31 ivs in it or all the stats have a portion or diffrent amount that would add up to 31?

jayman7
3 years ago#40
forgotentears posted...
So if you have perfect ivs does that mean each stat has 31 ivs in it or all the stats have a portion or diffrent amount that would add up to 31?

jayman7 posted...
IVs, or Individual Values, are hidden stats that every Pokemon has. They range from 0 to 31 in each stat,

Yes, it is possible for a Pokemon to have 186 IVs total (though it's really rare).
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, everything! PLEASE READ!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.