This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, everything! PLEASE READ!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, everything! PLEASE READ!

User Info: L1GUY

L1GUY
2 years ago#41
So...

Destiny knot gives 2IVs from a parent instead of 1, right? So if I were to trade for a second Destiny knot, and then put, for example, a 6IV Ditto and a 6IV Eevee in the day-care, both holding Destiny knots, does that mean that the baby Eevee will have at least 4IVs?
Ho ho ho, Happy Christmas, Merry New Year, all that stuff.

User Info: mexbull

mexbull
2 years ago#42
Hii BROTHER !

ADD ME

FC : 1220-8589-7933

IF U ADDED ME PLEASE PM OK

THANKS

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
2 years ago#43
L1GUY posted...
So...

Destiny knot gives 2IVs from a parent instead of 1, right? So if I were to trade for a second Destiny knot, and then put, for example, a 6IV Ditto and a 6IV Eevee in the day-care, both holding Destiny knots, does that mean that the baby Eevee will have at least 4IVs?

Sorry that the previous revision of this was a bit passive-aggressive, but you have clearly completely misunderstood something.

jayman7 posted...
When two Pokemon breed, three of their IVs are passed to the offspring; this increases to five if one parent is holding the Destiny Knot.

It is not "one IV per parent and two if it holds a Destiny Knot", and I'm quite perplexed as to how you came to that conclusion. It doesn't even matter which parent holds the Knot; all five IVs could come from the parent that doesn't.

The good news is that the baby Eevee in your scenario will have at least five perfect IVs. The bad news is that you have a 1-in-25 shot of the Nature you want, which you could have avoided with the same IV result with an Everstone.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
(edited 2 years ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Kirlyfish

Kirlyfish
2 years ago#45
My main party is already over lvl 80 and I've been using the EXP Share ever since I got it - is this bad? I read that some Pokemon get a +10 on a stat whenever they level up but mine get only a +2 or +3.

Also, a quick question just to make sure I understand what EVs are:
If I were to compare my lvl 50 Pikachu (not EV-trained) to my friend's lvl 50 Pikachu (EV-trained), would they have different stats, considering they both have neutral nature?

jayman7
2 years ago#46
Kirlyfish posted...
My main party is already over lvl 80 and I've been using the EXP Share ever since I got it - is this bad?

Well, you ruined the game's challenge...

I read that some Pokemon get a +10 on a stat whenever they level up

Not in the last two generations, and even then only higher-level Pokémon would ever see anything remotely like that. But it doesn't matter because the LPNs don't matter.

Also, a quick question just to make sure I understand what EVs are:
If I were to compare my lvl 50 Pikachu (not EV-trained) to my friend's lvl 50 Pikachu (EV-trained), would they have different stats, considering they both have neutral nature?

Probably, but how your Pikachu got to level 50 is important. If you fought your way to level 50, it almost certainly has close-to-max EVs. They're probably not in any sort of useful setup, but they're there. If you Rare Candied your way there or something, then your own Pikachu's stats will be necessarily lower, aside from IV differences. Either way, it can be fixed, though.
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: cwjakesteel

cwjakesteel
2 years ago#47
Since EVs and IVs only show their full power at level 100, does that mean the effect of EVs and IVs are cumulative as you level up? Like when you are at level 50, your perfect IV will only give you 10 stat points instead of 31?

Additionally, Nature is seperate from both EVs and IVs right and are just another modifier?
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
PSN: Hajikelist009 NNID: cwjakesteel Mii: Cal

jayman7
2 years ago#48
cwjakesteel posted...
Since EVs and IVs only show their full power at level 100, does that mean the effect of EVs and IVs are cumulative as you level up? Like when you are at level 50, your perfect IV will only give you 10 stat points instead of 31?

15-16, actually, as it scales linearly, but you have the right general idea.

Additionally, Nature is seperate from both EVs and IVs right and are just another modifier?

Yes. However, as Nature is a multiplier put into the formula after EVs and IVs (which are additive) are, it can skew the benefits of EVs and IVs (in your favor if you boost the stat that, itself, is boosted by your Nature.)

User Info: Skeetermania

Skeetermania
2 years ago#49
Just wondering, when albebraically solving for EV, when you gets value, does it round down by a multiple of four or round to the nearest multiple of four?

I was testing how many EVs it would take for a level 50 Starmie would need to reach a speed of 180. My answer was 247.6.

User Info: Skeetermania

Skeetermania
2 years ago#50
Skeetermania posted...
Just wondering, when albebraically solving for the total number of EVs, after you get a value, does it round down by a multiple of four or round to the nearest multiple of four?

I was testing how many EVs it would take for a level 50 Starmie would need to reach a speed of 180. My answer was 247.6.

Fix'd for grammar
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, everything! PLEASE READ!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.