This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to get the pokemon I used in HG/SS to Y, however... a couple technical Qs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I want to get the pokemon I used in HG/SS to Y, however... a couple technical Qs

User Info: mestupkid185

mestupkid185
3 years ago#1
I skipped gen5. I never bought black/white or black/white2. Now if owning one of these is a necessary means to achieving my goals, then so be it. I will buy it. I did conduct some simple google research on this, and it says i need to trade the pokemon that I want to eventually make it to Y, to B/W and from there, B/W can interact with the pokemon bank app from my 3DS. Now heres the issue, I have one regular DS, (old fat model circa 2004) and one 3DS. Can I perform a trade between the two differing systems? and If not can i perform a trade using 2 3DS's? My friend has a 3DS i can probably borrow for this if the latter option is possible. I guess the worst case scenario is that I find a cheap used DS somewhere, but it seems like more trouble for this poke-casual, than it may be worth. I just feel very strongly about the team that I used in HG and I think it would be great to get em up to the current gen.
Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Nightshadez/advanced
Primary Alt: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Meladree/advanced

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
3 years ago#2
You need B/W or B2/W2 and yes you can trade between different system types

To transfer to B/W, you need to have beaten the E4 to access the place you can do the transfer
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#3
You can make the transfer using a 3DS as long as you have a standard DS/DS Lite/DSi, but not two 3DS systems.

And yes, you'll need a Gen 5 game, as it's been said.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Irradiated_Fish

Irradiated_Fish
3 years ago#4
I know for a fact you can trade between gens 4, 5 and 6 using two 3DSs, as Ive tried this myself.
I SUSPECT you can accomplish this as well with a regular DS and a 3DS, but as I havent tried it, I cannot say for certain. I'll let someone else answer that part of the question.
PSN: Chrisuper || XBL: Irradiated Fish
Steam: Irradiated Fish || 3DS FC: 2793-0592-7558

User Info: Don_of_Blades

Don_of_Blades
3 years ago#5
yes, it doesnt matter what ds you use for the xfer from gen 4 to 5 as long both work. also no hms. though those that get whirlpool need to be taught it in hs/ss and then traded to d/p/pt to xfer to b/w like latias for example.
Rena~
1779-0713-6090 SV-3219

User Info: mestupkid185

mestupkid185
3 years ago#6
Sephiroth0327 posted...

To transfer to B/W, you need to have beaten the E4 to access the place you can do the transfer

You mean to transfer from HS/SS to BW, you need to have beaten the elite 4 in HG/SS right?
Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Nightshadez/advanced
Primary Alt: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Meladree/advanced

User Info: Matthew3DSGamer

Matthew3DSGamer
3 years ago#7
You need a 5th gen game (BW, BW2) You can trade between the two systems just fine.
3DS FC: 3351-4614-3880
PM me if you add me.

Sephiroth0327
3 years ago#8
mestupkid185 posted...
Sephiroth0327 posted...

You mean to transfer from HS/SS to BW, you need to have beaten the elite 4 in HG/SS right?

No you need to beat E4 in B/W - there's a facility you can access in B/W post game to transfer your pokes from older games into B/W. You can then use Poke Transporter to bring them to Gen 6

User Info: Relient_K

Relient_K
3 years ago#9
mestupkid185 posted...
Sephiroth0327 posted...

No, you need to beat BW/ BW2. You can transfer from gen 4 without getting a badge.
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]

Sephiroth0327
3 years ago#10
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I want to get the pokemon I used in HG/SS to Y, however... a couple technical Qs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived