This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Pokemon gen you got at launch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. First Pokemon gen you got at launch?

User Info: plasmawisp1713

plasmawisp1713
3 years ago#1
I'm pretty sure the majority of the fanbase is close to my age, so it's probably gen 4 for most people, right? 1st gen was just a thing it seems to me, when 2nd gen came out I remember seeing it at the store, 3rd gen had a lot of hype and I remember getting some Bookmarks from somewhere with the starters and the mascots, but when the games came out I never had the Gameboy until later. Finally, before 4th gen came out, I saw a commercial (A few weeks before). That the the first Pokemon game I got on launch day. Then, for both 5th and 6th, I became a good follower of Nintendo Directs and knew about all new games right when they were announced.

I know the majority of you are going to saw you got them all at launch.
Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385

User Info: dancingbobcat

dancingbobcat
3 years ago#2
I got Gold at launch

User Info: Yaezakura

Yaezakura
3 years ago#3
I got a copy of Red about 2 weeks prior to its Japanese release. So, 1st gen, I suppose.
Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood lesbian gaming goddess.
3DS Friend Code: 1204-0329-4562

User Info: ShadianVise

ShadianVise
3 years ago#4
I was young enough to get the first three generations for birthdays and Christmases, but I'm sure none of my birthdays fell on launch day of any of those generations. I got them all near-launch, but definitely not on launch. 4th gen is a little fuzzier for me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get them at launch again. 5th gen was probably my first time, actually, but I didn't continue the trend with this gen because there wasn't enough information available about the games to make my choice. I ended up getting X a few days after launch.
I stand in the place bathed in heavenly light, thou art where the gate to the Underworld opens, come forth, divine lightning! This is the end! Indignation!

User Info: pbbpwns

pbbpwns
3 years ago#5
emerald :)

User Info: Proto_Spark

Proto_Spark
3 years ago#6
I bought Black 2 on release day.

I wasn't planning to, because it came out the day before Thanksgiving, and so I was just gonna go get it later in the week or so, but we had to go to Wal-Mart to pick something up that night, so I bought it. Cool Story, right?

User Info: deidara21

deidara21
3 years ago#7
5th gen came out on my bday so I got it. I started with 3rd gen though
All the control! All the power! All the free the free chicken!-Eris, Goddess of Chaos

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#8
Probably GS. I'm not sure exactly when I got Red first, but it wasn't on launch day.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: Pervert_Kuhn

Pervert_Kuhn
3 years ago#9
Genwun
My Let's Play Channel (Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOokamiDen
3DS FC: 4768-7650-8206

User Info: waterdeepchu

waterdeepchu
3 years ago#10
I got Blue at Launch, and Silver too. I don't recall when I got Sapphire, but it was right around launch. Diamond took me a while to get, not sure why. HG/SS I got at launch.

I got Black at launch, but for whatever reason didnt play it for a couple months. I'd missed an event pokemon that'd come out at launch, and decided I wasnt going to let that happen again. B2 I got at launch, and X I got a few minutes after midnight on launch date. I should note that Im in my mid 20s now so I can do that.

"Yeah Im sick, im not going to be able to come to work tod-- " "Youre playing the new pokemon game, arent you?" "No! Shut up!"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. First Pokemon gen you got at launch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived