This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding Hidden Power question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding Hidden Power question

User Info: Nintendo_Sabres

Nintendo_Sabres
3 years ago#1
I already have two Sceptile with opposing genders that have ideal IV spreads to give me HP Rock. To get more, will I have to meticulously use the power items to get the ideal results once again? Or use the everstone/destiny knot combo as usual? Is it all a matter of chance dependent upon what HP type I'll get?

Thanks in advance.
3DS FC: 0748 2414 1026
Growlithe, Pyroar, Braixen

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#2
Just use the Everstone and Destiny Knot combination. Using Power items and an Everstone is the worst possible option.

Basically, you have to hope that the 5 IVs you want are inherited, and that the attack IV is even or odd, which shouldn't be too difficult. Or, if you want one with 6 IVs and you're running a mixed set, it'll be more or less up to luck, meaning the random IV will need to be exactly what you want it to be.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

Nintendo_Sabres
3 years ago#3
Both of mine are 31/x/30/31/30/30, so would I just have to talk to the Kiloude judge to check for IV's and then the HP guy and leave it up to chance?

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#4
What I do is go to the IV judge first to see if the Pokemon has the necessary 31s, then go to the HP type checker. If the Pokemon has the necessary 31s and the right HP type, then I go to the Battle Institute and check the IVs with the calculator. It's really the only way to 100% make sure you have the IVs you want.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

Nintendo_Sabres
3 years ago#5
Thank you sir, a big help
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding Hidden Power question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived