This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever accidentally hatched a Shiny?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you ever accidentally hatched a Shiny?

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#1
What I mean to say is, have you ever hatched a Shiny when you didn't particularly want one?

I did once with a Gible. After it took me over a week to get a Shiny Beldum, I hatched a Shiny Gible on the 14th egg. Just my luck... I still love her though.
*pets Cookie the Garchomp and gives her a cupcake*
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
3 years ago#2
Umm, all my hatched shinies are like that.
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#3
When I decided to start breeding a team, I mass bred Abra so I could have one Synchronizer of every "good" nature, and accidentally ended up with a shiny. Almost released it because I didn't notice it at first.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: NinjaStorm96

NinjaStorm96
3 years ago#4
Nope, not once.
3DS FC: 3969-4818-1719 | TSV: 2768

User Info: hodelino

hodelino
3 years ago#5
MrFingers07 posted...
Umm, all my hatched shinies are like that.

Same for me. I don't look for shinies. They just come to me :)
Pokemon X! FC: 4081-6243-4839 / F***ing - Daemonscharm
Official Psychic-Type Gym leader of the MGM GFAQS Pokeleague (Closed)

User Info: SoulRequiem2

SoulRequiem2
3 years ago#6
I hatched a shiny Goomy while looking for a 5 iv female one to breed. They were both mine so I guess I got the luckiest chance by default as most people use different version pokes to increase the chances. That one in particular came up with 31 ivs in hp atk dfs & satk, I'm sure it has high ivs just not 31 in speed which is the set I wanted. but it has hydration instead of Gooey. I already have my 5 iv Gooey Goodra but I will train that one too of course. For the Rain dance team I want to make.
FC: 1822-0244-5838. IGN X:Nanami, Y:Shizumi. Safari X: Steel-Klang, Ferroseed & Klefki Y: ??????-??????, ?????? & ??????. Vivillon Pattern: Archipelago

User Info: Pram_the_Oracle

Pram_the_Oracle
3 years ago#7
Hatched a shiny Fennekin when all I wanted was a 5 IV one.

It's useless.
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification

User Info: slomaster

slomaster
3 years ago#8
Yes, I was trying for a 5 IV Honedge, and about the 4th one is shiny. I never particularly wanted shinies, I got them by chance.
3DS friend code: 5343-9422-5721: Grass-type Friend Safari: Quilladin, Pansage, Swadloon
Official Steel-Type Gym Leader of GFAQs MGM PokeLeague

User Info: Panja_636

Panja_636
3 years ago#9
I'm always confused when people ask about accidental shinies. It makes it sound like it was a mistake "oh I was breeding abras but accidentally one was shiny, damn =\"
"I wanted to catch an eevee, but accidently it was shiny"
Etc
Friend Code 0533-5449-3793 In game name: Panja
Safari: Bibarel, Floatzel, Poliwhirl

User Info: vermillion719

vermillion719
3 years ago#10
Technically, I suppose I did. I WAS actively breeding for a shiny Beldum, but I wasn't expecting to get it NEARLY as quickly as I did.

And I suppose "accidental shinies" are sort of my goal when I breed. I use a foreign 6IV Ditto for breeding, regardless of whether or not I'm MM'ing, on the off chance I just happen to get a random shiny.
FC: 0345-0681-3179 (Mienfoo, Pancham, Riolu)
"corn salad is mai waifu" -NME_Enterprises
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you ever accidentally hatched a Shiny?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived