This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow smogon community is seriously considering banning baton pass LOL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wow smogon community is seriously considering banning baton pass LOL

User Info: LJx19

LJx19
3 years ago#31
Tygore001 posted...
kakashik99992 posted...
And from the other thread

"Seeing as how RSE is making a comeback with the newest rendition of the Smogon Tour, I figured I'd take a crack at the elephant in the room. RSE full Baton Pass teams are a team archetype that I consider to be nearly uncounterable and requires overly obscure counters. I would propose a clause to be added as follows: "Only 2 Pokemon on your team may know the move Baton Pass." I'd like some input on ADV players on this."

I actually think a 2 BP per team limit is reasonable. The issue with BP isn't that any one Pokémon makes it broken, but the sum of the parts. Yes, there are key players (and the removal of any one of them could significantly change things), but I really don't see any other way to limit Baton Pass teams without banning Pokémon that, on their own merit, are perfectly fine in the OU environment.

I typically have had no problem running hyper offense to take down full Bp teams. MegaZard Y, life orb victini, tailwind whimsicott, sheer force LO landorus. The other 2 never even need to come out. And this is the FEW times they ever come.

Contrary to smogon bs, they really aren't popular and close to no one uses them.
Dragonite>all.
I once got modded because petite women fully clothed, are apparently NSFW.

User Info: zelionx

zelionx
3 years ago#32
Vgc isn't even doubles it's a series of events leading up to the world championships

And btw they all follow the "Standard" format which is 4v4 doubles Kalos dex only

There will never be rated or random 6v6 singles because they are broken beyond belief without giant banlists like Smogon and game freak will never do that
FC: 5412-9925-4803 IGN: Justin
I like churros

User Info: Mtvn

Mtvn
3 years ago#33
Any one know if pokemon online is thinking about nerfing/banning BP?
3DS FC 4854-7381-5816; IGN: Mtvn: Official Water-type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague Battle Style 3v3 singles Gym status temporarily closed

User Info: slomaster

slomaster
3 years ago#34
zelionx posted...
There will never be rated or random 6v6 singles because they are broken beyond belief without giant banlists like Smogon and game freak will never do that

Yep, better stick with the even more broken 3v3 singles format.
3DS friend code: 5343-9422-5721: Grass-type Friend Safari: Quilladin, Pansage, Swadloon
Official Steel-Type Gym Leader of GFAQs MGM PokeLeague

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#35
VGC Singles is a meme. There's a troll who claims to be good at the game, stating that he is an an expert on "VGC Singles", among other things.

Also the amount of people who still follow the "lol can't beat lets ban it" mentality with Smogon is astounding.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: kakashik99992

kakashik99992
3 years ago#36
slomaster posted...
zelionx posted...

Yep, better stick with the even more broken 3v3 singles format.

Actually 3x3(with a 6x6 team) is more balanced than 6x6 by miles because is entirely inconceivable to create a perfect or true hard to counter strategy on 3x3 because of pokemon slots limitations especially with both players having access to six pokemon. Add to that a bigger ban to event pokemon and it's a more balanced format than 6x6 you can see that on battle maison and places lik that where the only way to reliable get a big streak is exploit the AI and study the Ai pokemon and patterns.

That's the reason there are so much bans and rulesets on smogon and sites like that because the game just isn't balanced in 6x6 and never will since GF don't endorse (for good reasons after all it would become too complex of a ruleset for a casual underage fan) that format
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
FC:2638 0648 9544 Nick Arthur/Kashim

User Info: YourLuck

YourLuck
3 years ago#37
VGC only does doubles because 6v6 singles would take too long, and 3v3 is too short.
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune

User Info: zelionx

zelionx
3 years ago#38
YourLuck posted...
VGC only does doubles because 6v6 singles would take too long, and 3v3 is too short.

If that were the case why don't they do 4v4 singles? Clearly there is a reason they do doubles instead of singles other than "takes too long/short"
FC: 5412-9925-4803 IGN: Justin
I like churros

User Info: kakashik99992

kakashik99992
3 years ago#39
YourLuck posted...

If that were true GF would let people compete on 6x6 single format random in wi fi
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
FC:2638 0648 9544 Nick Arthur/Kashim

User Info: YourLuck

YourLuck
3 years ago#40
kakashik99992 posted...
YourLuck posted...

If that were true GF would let people compete on 6x6 single format random in wi fi

Wasn't 6v6 a thing in gen IV?
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wow smogon community is seriously considering banning baton pass LOL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived