This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow smogon community is seriously considering banning baton pass LOL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wow smogon community is seriously considering banning baton pass LOL

User Info: Mtvn

Mtvn
3 years ago#61
eebhs posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
eebhs posted...
Roar. Problem solved.

Magic bounce/soundproof/ingrain problem not solved.

Roar ruins the main BP users, Ninjask and Scolipede. I ran a Swampert with Stealth Rock and Roar. Never encountered a BP line that could do anything. Not once.

Well that means the people you fought didnt know what they were doing with it cause of I see a swampert I switch in espeon expecting the rocks or roar which one or the other is used if they have those moves if they don't I switch out an prepare to set up
3DS FC 4854-7381-5816; IGN: Mtvn: Official Water-type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague Battle Style 3v3 singles Gym status temporarily closed

User Info: eebhs

eebhs
3 years ago#62
Mtvn posted...
eebhs posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
eebhs posted...
Roar. Problem solved.

Roar ruins the main BP users, Ninjask and Scolipede. I ran a Swampert with Stealth Rock and Roar. Never encountered a BP line that could do anything. Not once.

Well that means the people you fought didnt know what they were doing with it cause of I see a swampert I switch in espeon expecting the rocks or roar which one or the other is used if they have those moves if they don't I switch out an prepare to set up

They bring out Espeon. Worst case, I get stealth rock on my team (not a big deal honestly), otherwise, I end up getting my turn to switch after seeing you have Espeon. Then I have a mon who can handle both Espeon and either of the two lead BP users. I'm telling you, I've been through just about every type of BP line team. The only one that gave me a problem EVER was an Eveelution line. And that was just once because of the surprise factor.
FC: 4570-8456-7723
FS: Delibird, Bergmite, Piloswine

User Info: Mtvn

Mtvn
3 years ago#63
eebhs posted...
Mtvn posted...
eebhs posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
eebhs posted...
Roar. Problem solved.

They bring out Espeon. Worst case, I get stealth rock on my team (not a big deal honestly), otherwise, I end up getting my turn to switch after seeing you have Espeon. Then I have a mon who can handle both Espeon and either of the two lead BP users. I'm telling you, I've been through just about every type of BP line team. The only one that gave me a problem EVER was an Eveelution line. And that was just once because of the surprise factor.

Well that fact(s) change every thing so anyway have fun defeating BP teams (also btw with my team I'm very flexible for which mon I sendin when for setting up cause of espeon dies Idgaf cause my sweeper is a slyveon no dark dupes will wall me)
3DS FC 4854-7381-5816; IGN: Mtvn: Official Water-type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague Battle Style 3v3 singles Gym status temporarily closed

User Info: KzTxL7

KzTxL7
3 years ago#64
eebhs posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
eebhs posted...
Roar. Problem solved.

You must be amazing! Bet you're totally topping the charts of Showdown then!
3DS FC- 1032 1840 6569

eebhs
3 years ago#65
Alternatively, you could use Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, or Whirlwind. Roar is just the easiest to utilize for me, but all of them work. I can see how people might have a hard time with BP teams I suppose, but I've just never had that issue.

User Info: ElectricPorygon

ElectricPorygon
3 years ago#66
What else could you expect from a group of cowards that bans stuff they can't beat?

User Info: alex1_2_3_4_5

alex1_2_3_4_5
3 years ago#67
kumorixLoveless posted...
This its getting pathetic and with a lot of butthurt.

"I can't deal with something! Lest try to ban it" logic its starting to get me...and i don't even play.

It's because you don't play that you think it's pathetic. I don't support the ban only because I want some semblance of simplicity in the game.
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
Y FC: 3840 6857 4555 OGPC #00032

User Info: KzTxL7

KzTxL7
3 years ago#68
eebhs posted...
Alternatively, you could use Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, or Whirlwind. Roar is just the easiest to utilize for me, but all of them work. I can see how people might have a hard time with BP teams I suppose, but I've just never had that issue.

Yup. Another Gamefaq baddie.

Roar and Whirlwind are ineffective because Ingrain and Magic Bounce.

Dragon Tail fails because Sylveon and Mr. Mime.

Now tell me, what Pokemon that isn't going to drag you down will you put Circle Throw on? Lucario? Especially when he has much better things he rather be running? Nevermind it also has a -6 Priority so god help you if you Zapdos has Heat Wave. Which is now part of the optimal Baton Pass team.
3DS FC- 1032 1840 6569

eebhs
3 years ago#69
KzTxL7 posted...
eebhs posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
eebhs posted...
Roar. Problem solved.

You must be amazing! Bet you're totally topping the charts of Showdown then!

Although I'm aware it's sarcasm, I'll respond honesly: No, I'm not. I haven't been on in a while. But BP lines were like free passes to me when I encountered them. So w/e

eebhs
3 years ago#70
KzTxL7 posted...
eebhs posted...

Yup. Another Gamefaq baddie.

Roar and Whirlwind are ineffective because Ingrain and Magic Bounce.

Dragon Tail fails because Sylveon and Mr. Mime.

Now tell me, what Pokemon that isn't going to drag you down will you put Circle Throw on? Lucario? Especially when he has much better things he rather be running? Nevermind it also has a -6 Priority so god help you if you Zapdos has Heat Wave. Which is now part of the optimal Baton Pass team.

lol, I just listed moves other moves that force switch. I only use roar.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wow smogon community is seriously considering banning baton pass LOL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived