This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does anyone even like Blue/Gary anyway?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does anyone even like Blue/Gary anyway?

User Info: Lucis_Ferre

Lucis_Ferre
3 years ago#31
Fat guy and nerd in X/Y were underdeveloped and left no impression. They were largely just there and it says a lot I can't even remember their names.

Serena/Calem really, really, REALLY need a better ****ing team. X/Y has the biggest selection of Pokemon ever and they spend 2/3 of the game with just 3. To their credit, it is for once not ****ty starter rodent/bird, some half-assed attempt at coverage and starter like Cheren/Bianca, and instead Absol (who's not bad on it's own merits), Meowstic, who is also solid, and the X/Y Starters are good so they'll never be saddled with a bad starter. But that's it. That is entirely it. For 2/3 of the game. I could run 6 Diggersby and I'd win by endurance, and that's without spamming revives either. Once they add their Eeveelution it gets a *little* tougher but not much. If they had 6 sooner, like maybe have 4-5 by the time you fight for the Mega Ring, you'd be able to actually see from a gameplay perspective that holy ****, they're actually a serious trainer. And have them use their Kanto starter. Because seriously.

Character-wise they needed a bit more focus. While the showing of their own growing insecurity with you consistently beating them, and being smart enough to still realize Team Flare were a bigger priority than their own ego (See for the opposite: Blue) was good, their turnaround could be a bit more highlighted, have them show actually finding something to help them stand out a bit more themselves, a bit more of a bigger climax to their arc. Team Flare leader bringing up how you and them couldn't share the Mega Ring was a good move though.

Shauna, while again, sucky battle syndrome, though that Goodra is not to be underestimated, was arguably the strongest of X/Y rivals for character/impression. It was nice to have and see a character who actually enjoyed the world and wanted to share in all the wonders of it with you, X/Y's presentation of places and events lending well to this. Wanting to make great memories, see the world and share it with others is a great thing, especially in contrast to an opposition like Team Flare who want to keep it to themselves. She just could use a stronger personal impact on the plot, like fighting alongside you or solving the door puzzle plot. But I usually looked forward to seeing her and her reactions to stuff.

Well that wound up longer than expected.
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'

User Info: RedYoshi27

RedYoshi27
3 years ago#32
I like blue because he does exactly what he says he's going to do. No matter what you do he's always a step a head of you to the very end. Silver was a troubled teen but with a dad like that what do you expect? Wally had potential but failed, Barry was annoying but also failed in the end I also don't remember him mentioning challenging the league or not early on. Cherenkov and sedans are effectively the same I know I'm good if not better than you but never make it all the way Cherenkov just accepts that. I don't remember Hugh, he was mostly about fixing his sister's issue than being a hardcore rival. I can't really count the rest of the crew from xy.
NNID: BowMasterPit
Married to Flannery; Official Scyther of the Pokemon X board
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does anyone even like Blue/Gary anyway?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived