This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is stupid...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. This is stupid...

User Info: Vesper238

Vesper238
3 years ago#11
The Volcano badge was a true gym match.

Pikachu got lucky at Vermilion city
3DS FC: 5413-0222-6739
Friend Safari: Lampent, Phantump and Golurk

User Info: Phoenix_Heart

Phoenix_Heart
3 years ago#12
Saphirah posted...
Phoenix_Heart posted...
Don't mind the spoiler tags just covering my ass. You know how the mods are.
First season spoilers.

Boulder Badge: He showed compassion and an unwillingness to fight dirty.
Cascade Badge: He saved the gym from TR
Thunder Badge: Won
Rainbow Badge: Saved the leader's favourite pokemon from the fire.
Soul Badge: Won
Marsh Badge: Helped the leader escape her own mental prison.
Volcano Badge: Won
Earth Badge: Won

He legit won four and passed other trials for the other four. Seems fine to me.

Yeah, one could enter the Pokemon league without a single battle through alternative trials? Flawed is flawed.

How about explaining how it's "flawed"? He proved himself to the gym leaders to be a quality trainer. Also if you recall there was an episode with a pokemon test that you can pass and pretty much get in the league w/o badges. The rules in the anime are a bit different.

The episode information if you want
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP056
0748-2684-5434 3DS friend code (Camerupt, Phanpy, and Palpitoad friend safari)
Pokemon Y IGN: Hunter.

User Info: Star99gers

Star99gers
3 years ago#13
Stop making excuses for the kid. Flawed is flawed.

User Info: MuTeKiKen

MuTeKiKen
3 years ago#14
****in' double standards. We commend Gary Oak for getting 10 badges in 1 region yet we still praise neither Pikachu nor Ash for beating ground pokemon using electric attacks.

When will we get to say Ash ****in' Ketchum anyway? **** Gary ****in' Oak.

**** club topic takeover
Currently playing - A game for hardcore fans only... And Pokemon Y
FC: 0834 1768 1458. Friend Safari(Electric): Electrode, Electabuzz, Galvantula

User Info: SilverZangoose

SilverZangoose
3 years ago#15
MuTeKiKen posted...
****in' double standards. We commend Gary Oak for getting 10 badges in 1 region yet we still praise neither Pikachu nor Ash for beating ground pokemon using electric attacks.

When will we get to say Ash ****in' Ketchum anyway? **** Gary ****in' Oak.

**** club topic takeover

It is never established in the anime that there is only 8 gyms in Kanto. In fact I remember one episode where there are two rival gyms, one favouring Electabuzz and the other favouring Scyther locked in some kind of turf war, which would make it seem as though there are more than 8, making Gary's feat realistic.

It IS established though that Electric attacks don't affect Ground Pokemon (actually they say Rock, although I assume that's just a mistranslation in the English dub) though, making Ash's feat total BS.
Zangoose is the one good Pokemon that came after Gen 1, everything else about Gen 3, as well as gens 2, 4, 5 and 6 is awful. I do not like Gen 3, just Zangoose.

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
3 years ago#16
Don't forget that shocking the hell out of a Pikachu makes his electric attacks effective to Ground types, Pikachu has a superior speed stat to Raichu which allows a Pikachu to beat Raichu, Sabrina has a split personality that can turn people into dolls, and all the other things that are wrong with that show.
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...

User Info: lyle81992

lyle81992
3 years ago#17
There is a double standard for Ash in general.When Ash wins a Pokemon League(he will win one eventually)the same people who bash him for never winning the League will bash him because he won.
3DS FC:2621-2636-8871

User Info: Star99gers

Star99gers
3 years ago#18
Misty is cute though.

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
3 years ago#19
How about Pikachu being unable to harm a Cubone with its Electric attacks (so far, so good), and then easily beat a Marowak WITH said Electric attacks?

Oh, and who can forget both Thunder Armor (more like Plot Armor) and 'The horn!'?

User Info: likeabosssss

likeabosssss
3 years ago#20
Kiurx posted...
Seriously the only problem I have with the anime besides the obvious, is that in X and Y Ash has to keep saying "science is so amazing." Makes him sound like a high school drop out ........

...oh wait

He is 10 and never goes to school

but consider that there might be NO schools in the world of pokemon

oh wait... there are preschoolers that you battle (even though you cannot have pokemon before you are 10 and these kids are 4/5/6)
I don't like pie, pie likes me
Y FC: 4124-5557-4658 (FIRE) Magmar, Fletchinder and Pyroar IGN is Gabe
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. This is stupid...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived