This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think tradition has made our standards a bit lower (gamefreak and fan wise)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I think tradition has made our standards a bit lower (gamefreak and fan wise)

User Info: Kiurx

Kiurx
3 years ago#1
I'm not trying to play Armchair CEO and I probably already know the answer to this.

But I was just thinking how awesome it will be to play ruby and sapphire in full 3d. I would love to just replay those games in reimagining. Then I sort of wondered.....why a remake. Why not a sequel to the third Gen.

Just like a Link Between Worlds. Same region but a few changes due to the nature of time. We could of wily has the new champion or something , and make some of our favourite characters age. Plus it adds an amazing wow factor and nostalgia to the people that grew up with these games to experience some changes or refences in a game they grew up with. Plus with pokemons simplistic story line you wouldn't need to play the previous games to understand the games plot.

Also if gamefreak wanted to get greedy, they could release Ruby and Sapphire on VC and make it be possible to transfer your pokemon from ruby and sapphire to the sequels via Time capsule. Honestly I think this has potential.

But this will never happen :,(. But What would guys say if we got a sequel to ruby and sapphire then a remake?
FC : 0318-6717-0940

User Info: Swamp-marsh-mud

Swamp-marsh-mud
3 years ago#2
Wouldn't care, I just want to play Hoenn with Improved mechanics.
3ds FC: 5043-1619-9931 Trainer name: Rik

User Info: Lobster44

Lobster44
3 years ago#3
I just want to play Hoenn! I have played every gen since gen 4 (platinum), and HG/SS were the gen 1/2 game remakes, so I really want to play gen 3!
My AC:CYOA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/68964849

User Info: kingjam1

kingjam1
3 years ago#4
Third gen is nothing special, why would it get a sequel? Game Freak should release the lousy remake so Pokemon can move on to games that don't suck.
Can't think of anything

User Info: ClassyOldHat

ClassyOldHat
3 years ago#5
Huh... I expected something entirely different with that title. This series has held on to a lot of questionable design choices simply because "it's tradition." For an example that won't spawn pages of controversy, Nidorina and Nidoqueen's inability to breed. It started as a glitch in G/S/C, but since then, it's been kept that way, for no other apparent reason besides "tradition."

Addressing the original post, though, I honestly don't care about seeing Hoenn, or any past region, again. The only reason I was pro-G/S/C remake was because the original cartridges had all had their batteries dried, leaving them essentially impossibly to complete (because you couldn't save).
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848 IGN: Zach

User Info: Froakiebloke

Froakiebloke
3 years ago#6
ClassyOldHat posted...
Huh... I expected something entirely different with that title. This series has held on to a lot of questionable design choices simply because "it's tradition." For an example that won't spawn pages of controversy, Nidorina and Nidoqueen's inability to breed. It started as a glitch in G/S/C, but since then, it's been kept that way, for no other apparent reason besides "tradition."

Addressing the original post, though, I honestly don't care about seeing Hoenn, or any past region, again. The only reason I was pro-G/S/C remake was because the original cartridges had all had their batteries dried, leaving them essentially impossibly to complete (because you couldn't save).

Is that definitely a glitch? It seems like one, but tradition is a very weird reason to keep a glitch. Staryu doesn't have egg moves any more.
Breeder on The Pocket Monsters guild! Requests accepted whenever I can help!
FC - 1504 5746 9733 -IGN: Bonkie -Safari: Steel with Metang, Magneton and Bronzong

User Info: DarkKirby2500

DarkKirby2500
3 years ago#7
A lot of people don't want a straight up remake of Hoenn. For one thing, the Aqua/Magma story were incredibly stupid, not necessarily the concept, but their lack of conviction to it and their honest belief that somehow, everyone everywhere actually wanted more land/ocean except the other team and nobody would be hurt in the process.

A lot of people wanted X/Y to be fully 3D.
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I think tradition has made our standards a bit lower (gamefreak and fan wise)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived