This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I told a kid to "git gud" the hard way.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I told a kid to "git gud" the hard way.

User Info: Metalgenesis

Metalgenesis
2 years ago#1
Ok, he was a teenager, but still, he needed the shove. Swept his un-EV trained, non-IV bred, bad natured, rain team with a galvantula and goodra.

Afterwards I explained breeding, how natures worked, and how to horde EV train. Gave him my extra 6IV Ditto and a scyther with pokerus.

/blogfaqs
3DS FC: 1805-2186-8045 Better goomy yourself before you doomy yourself.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
2 years ago#2
OK
LA LA LA LA LA LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NIGHT
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: Mtvn

Mtvn
2 years ago#3
No vid?
/thread
3DS FC 4854-7381-5816; IGN: Mtvn: Official Water-type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague Battle Style 3v3 singles Gym status temporarily closed

User Info: Windyligth

Windyligth
2 years ago#4
The whole reason Showdown exists is so that people don't have to put up with mindless bulls*** like breeding and EV training.

You should have told him about that.
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Delphox.

User Info: Metalgenesis

Metalgenesis
2 years ago#5
I actually did point him towards showdown. Also, breeding and ev training isn't hard this gen. Thank you destiny knot and horde battles.

Also, there is really no reason to post a vid. If you want a good idea of what happened, just go play on unranked battlespot.
3DS FC: 1805-2186-8045 Better goomy yourself before you doomy yourself.

User Info: Lucario39

Lucario39
2 years ago#6
Metalgenesis posted...
Ok, he was a teenager, but still, he needed the shove. Swept his un-EV trained, non-IV bred, bad natured, rain team with a galvantula and goodra.

Afterwards I explained breeding, how natures worked, and how to horde EV train. Gave him my extra 6IV Ditto and a scyther with pokerus.

/blogfaqs

I wouldn't really call that the hard way. You showed him the difference, taught him how to get better, and gave him the tools to do it.

Which I applaud you for. Not too many people would go out of their way to do something like that. Kudos to you, TC. :)
Official Fighting-Type Gym Leader of MGM GFAQS Pokeleague
Come visit us on the Battle Boards! FC:0774-4449-5042 FS: Fairy (Spritzee, Snubbull, Floette)

User Info: SpoonMan54321

SpoonMan54321
2 years ago#7
similar story-
I had a types battle with a guy from work. we drew random types, he picked dark and i picked psychic. we each spent a week to plan and build our teams and then had the battle. i thought i was screwed... then my leftovers, block, toxic, slack off, surf slowbro literally walled his entire team to death. it was pretty sad. i looked at his team afterwards and he had an adamant mega houndoom with only fire moves and sunny day... among other hilarious choices.

i didn't give him a 6iv ditto, but i did tell him we can't battle anymore until he learns how to pokemon.
...and bababooey to y'all
0946-2391-1483 - In-game name is "Y!"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I told a kid to "git gud" the hard way.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived