This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone still play the TCG?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone still play the TCG?

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
2 years ago#11
MissCarriage posted...
Really? How much do the cards even cost?

I took a look at some of the new cards and there seems to be such a power creep.

It depends on the cards. Most decks are going to be running almost nothing but Pokemon EX cards, which can cost anywhere from like $20 to $50 (if they're full art).

Like, for an example, Yveltal and Xerneas decks are really popular now. Unless you get lucky in booster packs, expect to buy maybe four tins and pay $20 for each card. That's around $80 for just four cards.

And yes, the power creep is disgusting.
LA LA LA LA LA LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NIGHT
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
2 years ago#12
Oh wow. Did not know it cost so much.

I'm just gonna buy the Skrelp and Dragalge cards by themselves. Is there a place I can get them for relatively cheap? I know Skrelp is a common card and Dragalge is uncommon, so they can't be that much right?
FC: 2981-5975-5185
Poison above all else.

MissCarriage
2 years ago#13
And I can't believe they made separate types for Fairy and Dragon but left Poison in the dust.

Poison types with the Leaf or Eye symbol just do not make sense. I can see why Psychics and Ghosts are paired together or even how Fighting, Ground, and Rock types fit together but Poison definitely needs its own separate symbol.
Poison above all else.

User Info: PrettyTonyTiger

PrettyTonyTiger
2 years ago#14
I have a lot of Skyla cards. Can't wait till some Valerie cards are made!
She walks like a horse God
http://i.imgur.com/rk6qd7r.gif

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
2 years ago#15
The card game has enough problems as it is. I don't even know if they could successfully add more types.

As for where to buy cards, I've used Troll and Toad a few times and they've been really good. You can probably get both cards for under a dollar (shipping not included).
LA LA LA LA LA LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NIGHT
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: chaosmagez

chaosmagez
2 years ago#16
I played the Gameboy Color game.
3DS FC: 4570-7953-4737
OGPC ID #00045

User Info: Estheimaster

Estheimaster
2 years ago#17
I play Pokemon TCG Online. You don't have to spend money to get new cards (but you can). It's not too bad- a little tedious, but the online matches fix the problem that I always had playing the physical game of not having anyone to play with.
3DS FC: 4596 9948 4995 (Fighting Safari with Machoke, Throh, and Riolu)
Shiny Value: 695 (PM me to hatch your shiny- I won't ask for anything in return!)

User Info: mrballerswaggin

mrballerswaggin
2 years ago#18
I used to collect them when I was a little kid but I don't buy them anymore.
FC: 1478-4162-6801 IGN: Ariel
Pyroar's slogan: "Put 'em to rest with the pitch of the voice, WRAAAGH!"

User Info: sonic2307

sonic2307
2 years ago#19
Used to buy the cards (all non-legit. Legit ones are nearly non-existent here) and used them to play go-fish. But not anymore. Still play ptcgo though, and it is getting really boring. I got trolled by packs too many times to count.
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog Friend Safari: Kecleon, Aipom and Chansey

MissCarriage
2 years ago#20
FuneralCake posted...
The card game has enough problems as it is. I don't even know if they could successfully add more types.

As for where to buy cards, I've used Troll and Toad a few times and they've been really good. You can probably get both cards for under a dollar (shipping not included).

I'll check there, thanks!
Poison above all else.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone still play the TCG?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived