This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yay or nay: Pokemon Colosseum remake for 3DS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Yay or nay: Pokemon Colosseum remake for 3DS

User Info: R-A-V

R-A-V
3 years ago#21
FuneralCake posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
You should feel bad possessing that opinion.

I will never, ever feel bad for not liking a terrible game. Never.

But you should.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#22
FuneralCake posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
You should feel bad possessing that opinion.

I will never, ever feel bad for not liking a terrible game. Never.

Good thing it's a great game, then. :V
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
3 years ago#23
FuneralCake posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

That game was absolutely terrible.

I thought the same thing as I was playing it, but now it holds a lot of nostalgic value for me!

I think games just get better over time for me because I LOVE nostalgic things. I definitely remember hating the game though, so much that I didn't even bother buying or renting GoD.
FC: 2981-5975-5185
Poison above all else.

MissCarriage
3 years ago#24
I don't think you guys should bag on FuneralCake.

I consider myself a lover of all games since I wasn't exposed to very many as a child. Yet even with the little knowledge that I possessed at the time, I thought Colosseum was terrible, especially compared to Stadium and Stadium 2.

And this was coming from a girl who enjoyed Barbie Riding Club, so if that's telling you something...
Poison above all else.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#25
R-A-V posted...
But you should.

I don't, and none of any of your nostalgia-driven BS is going to convince me other wise.

Xenesis Xenon posted...
Good thing it's a great game, then.

No, good thing it's my opinion.

MissCarriage posted...
I thought the same thing as I was playing it, but now it holds a lot of nostalgic value for me!

And this right here is why people like the game. It was never a good game, but your nostalgia makes you love it. You look past all the crap and only see "I REMEMBER PLAYING THIS WHEN I WAS A KID IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO GRATE!"
kao de waratte, kokoro de naite
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#26
It wasn't trying to be Stadium or Stadium 2. It's a bad Stadium game, because it wasn't trying to be Stadium. That much is obvious.

It was Pokemon doing something fresh in a main-game. As someone who was thoroughly sick of the 'beat the 8 gyms and become a master while you steamroll terrible AI teams', it was nothing short of a breath of fresh air and was enjoyable to play in a way that no Pokemon game since has replicated.

MissCarriage posted...
nostalgic value

I replayed the whole thing just before the release of XY. Still enjoyed it.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: R-A-V

R-A-V
3 years ago#27
It has nothing to do with nostalgia. that's definitely what people use to convince someone as a reason to like a game

It has to do with an awesome 3D game with good music, interesting plot and something different.

MissCarriage
3 years ago#28
FuneralCake posted...
MissCarriage posted...

And this right here is why people like the game. It was never a good game, but your nostalgia makes you love it. You look past all the crap and only see "I REMEMBER PLAYING THIS WHEN I WAS A KID IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO GRATE!"

I'm going to have to agree. Take me back to 2004 and I would have bagged on it harder than anyone on this board.
Poison above all else.

User Info: orangeumbreon23

orangeumbreon23
3 years ago#29
Don't know if I would be able to stand that game on such a smaller screen, but I would buy it. I would much rather have a new one and be able to outfit my character like PBR and X/Y.
XBL GT: JoeCool8524; 3DS FC: 4081 5498 9446
Trainer Shiny Value: 255 for X, 1354 for Y

MissCarriage
3 years ago#30
I'm sure a small handful of people genuinely enjoyed the game, but as a member of many Pokemon forums and message boards in the past, Pokemon Colosseum did not get as much love as we are giving it today.

It did not have a "strong" story, nor did it have extraordinary music or bring anything new to the franchise besides being a "3D story game." It was, for lack of a better word, a very half-*ssed game.

I still go back and play it every now and then though, because I definitely enjoy it now more than I did before!
Poison above all else.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Yay or nay: Pokemon Colosseum remake for 3DS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived