This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Viable is Doublade over Aegislash?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How Viable is Doublade over Aegislash?

User Info: Zero97

Zero97
2 years ago#1
Aegislash is pretty predictable now, and everyone uses it, so I've been thinking of using Doublade competitively..

What do you think?
3DS: 0173-1416-4513 || NNID: Zero97 (no, I wasn't born in 1997)
Please Support!! --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67906496

User Info: Bow_Arrow

Bow_Arrow
2 years ago#2
aegi isnt so predictable imo. special, physical, and toxic stall variants.
doublade can be a physical wall and toxic stall or go in on a phys attacker and swords dance. ive seen people run iron defense on it.
The average Pokemon fan~~
"I think Nintendo should release Pokegirl scratch-n-sniff cards" - NaughtyGhost

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
2 years ago#3
I like Doublade much more than Aegislash. Eviolite Doublade is a terror to take down, and it could set up right in your face while you can't do anything about it!
FC: 2981-5975-5185
Poison above all else.

Zero97
2 years ago#4
MissCarriage posted...
I like Doublade much more than Aegislash. Eviolite Doublade is a terror to take down, and it could set up right in your face while you can't do anything about it!

I like this, what's the set?

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
2 years ago#5
MissCarriage posted...
Eviolite Doublade is a terror to take down

Knock Off and piss poor Special Defense

Unless you're playing in a lower tier where Aegislash isn't allowed, there is absolutely no reason to use Doublade over Aegislash
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
Not changing this signature until Blaze the Cat is playable in another Sonic game.

User Info: DigiDude77

DigiDude77
2 years ago#6
MissCarriage posted...

Delphox can kill with Flamethrower, and survive a Shadow Sneak. >_>
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
2 years ago#7
Well they play differently, but Doublade isn't completely outclassed by its evolution, especially since it doesn't leave itself defenseless after an attack.

Zero97 posted...
MissCarriage posted...

I like this, what's the set?

I use Swords Dance/Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak/Iron Head, but you can add whatever you need to fit your team. Its great in a Trick Room team as well!
FC: 2981-5975-5185
Poison above all else.

User Info: LoZDestroyer

LoZDestroyer
2 years ago#8
So your problem is that Aegislash is too predictable. So you turn to a pre-evo that has only two theoretical options, can only run a single item, can't use a special attack to save its own life, can't /take/ a special attack to save its own life, can't mindgame with King's Shield, can't run air balloon, can't run toxic-stall, or mixed attacking, and still doesn't hit as hard whilst using an ability that, for it, is mostly a net loss because Fire Blast exists and 90% of its viable movepool is already 90+ accuracy.

Seems legit.
8-11-08: Proud Member of the GameFAQS raid on yogusmells456.
NEVAR FORGET! Long live Nightelf56!

Zero97
2 years ago#9
LoZDestroyer posted...
So your problem is that Aegislash is too predictable. So you turn to a pre-evo that has only two theoretical options, can only run a single item, can't use a special attack to save its own life, can't /take/ a special attack to save its own life, can't mindgame with King's Shield, can't run air balloon, can't run toxic-stall, or mixed attacking, and still doesn't hit as hard whilst using an ability that, for it, is mostly a net loss because Fire Blast exists and 90% of its viable movepool is already 90+ accuracy.

Seems legit.

Well it's everywhere :/

Can I have both Doublade and Aegislash in party when battling?

User Info: LoZDestroyer

LoZDestroyer
2 years ago#10
Of course, but that doesn't solve your problem, and just puts so much pressure on the rest of your team to not be horrifically weak to Charizard Y or something. If something can get past Aegislash, especially a special attacker, it's going to be very capable of making that Doublade just as dead. And playing a 5-6 disadvantage versus a YZard's already less fun than dealing with Aegislash.
8-11-08: Proud Member of the GameFAQS raid on yogusmells456.
NEVAR FORGET! Long live Nightelf56!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How Viable is Doublade over Aegislash?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived