This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old Pokemon vs Kalos Born Pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Old Pokemon vs Kalos Born Pokemon

User Info: ElNurgling

ElNurgling
3 years ago#11
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I use both. I generally try to breed new stuff if I can, but in the case of stuff that needs old tutor moves, I got no problem using old stuff. I'm not gonna breed a Kalos born Eevee for Sylveon until it can learn Hyper Voice in Generation VI. Because damn it, Hyper Voice Pixilate Sylveon kicks ass!

This. Altough a single Hyper Voice Sylveon is the only non-KB monster I have in eleven boxes full of 5/6IV pokemon. XD
3DS FC 4511-0567-3041 (Boldore, Magcargo, Rhydon)
Martijn - inofficial pesky Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
3 years ago#12
I'm slowly ditching my old team. Dragonite and Ursaring have already retired and are now in my bank as part of my living dex. I am going to make a 3+IV Roserade to replace my obsolete one, and Rampardos ( soon to be 4 years old) is also slowly getting the shaft to make place to my new rain team ( breed 3 mons within 2 days!!! Trained them too) I will need to make more space for some swift swim and / or rain dish and / or water Absorb pokemons for my rain team. Already got Politoed, Dry Skin Toxicroak, Crawdaunt and Hydration Rest Vappy.

Even my Scolipede, which won me a fair number of games and is only over 1 month old is probably getting the shaft as well.

I play triple BTW.
View my Pokemon battle YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnUnzrDx-1y4-byC5soQnw
3DS:4339 2730 2396: Steel Friend Safari

User Info: tarzanmx

tarzanmx
3 years ago#13
I still have my Pokémon from older games around because I've grown to care for them.
But I just felt it's time to make way for the next generation, so I'm using nothing but Kalos-born Pokémon now.
So... I never thought I'd get to change this sig. But I have a Shiny of each Eeveelution now!
---Self-Proclaimed Glaceon of the Pokemon X Board

User Info: SiegedEagle

SiegedEagle
3 years ago#14
tarzanmx posted...
I still have my Pokémon from older games around because I've grown to care for them.
But I just felt it's time to make way for the next generation, so I'm using nothing but Kalos-born Pokémon now.

Honestly I never transfer my older teams to the future, just for the fact that they're outclassed by the changes of the most recent gen, their genetics and because I don't have a reserve. The only team I have passed is the one I had in Emerald, and that's because it had a cloning glitch which also allowed me to transfer cloned legends to Diamond while keeping the originals in Emerald.
Making a grammatical error on GameFAQs: http://tinyurl.com/m53rv28
X FC: 4511-0575-6947 (Morgan) Other stuff: http://i.imgur.com/2qQaSE1.png

User Info: tarzanmx

tarzanmx
3 years ago#15
SiegedEagle posted...
Honestly I never transfer my older teams to the future, just for the fact that they're outclassed by the changes of the most recent gen, their genetics and because I don't have a reserve. The only team I have passed is the one I had in Emerald, and that's because it had a cloning glitch which also allowed me to transfer cloned legends to Diamond while keeping the originals in Emerald.

The only ones I sent over apart from some Legendaries were the ones in my team from Platinum because I like rocking the E4 with them whenever a new game comes along.
I wanted to breed using them and use their offspring in a new game but I had just obtained newer and stronger versions of them by the time Bank came along :/
Still want to play as them in something every now and then but they're due their rest now.
5 or so years of having them with me in-game is a long trip.
I'd send over a team from my Sapphire/Emerald but I never grew as attached to them as I was to my first team that was on my Sapphire cart when certain circumstances separated me from it :c
So... I never thought I'd get to change this sig. But I have a Shiny of each Eeveelution now!
---Self-Proclaimed Glaceon of the Pokemon X Board

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
3 years ago#16
Knock Off and Defog are the only reasons I am keeping non-KB pokemon.
3DS Friend Code: 5215 1324 3241 IGN: Serena. Just another breeder of Kyogre's Cascade.... >=P
Perfect 6IV/TR pokemon list: http://tinyurl.com/qehe43k

User Info: RJGamer1990

RJGamer1990
3 years ago#17
For random battles atm i only use old pokemon, but when my team is complete i'll use only Kalos born

User Info: Awkwardlocker

Awkwardlocker
3 years ago#18
Kalos purely because of competitive battling, but I sometimes use older pokes for fun.
You laughed at my wigglytuff and I laughed at your screams

User Info: poe376

poe376
3 years ago#19
Generally KB, but my Swampert from Sapphire, although Modest, is sticking on my team.
"Pokemon is 45% team, 5% skill, 50% luck. Deal with it or stop playing." -ss4gogeta_dark. I'm looking at you, Smogon. -.-
FC: 0130 - 1909 - 1118

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
3 years ago#20
I brought all 13 boxes of my old EV-trained Pokemon over and dumped about half of them in the Pokebank because I never used them anyway. I still bring over new Pokemon from White that I put together with my Action Replay. I only breed in Kalos what I can't get in White.
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura YouTube Let's Player
3DS FC: 0018-0730-4057 / In-game name: Jos / Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Old Pokemon vs Kalos Born Pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived