This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smogon has banned Talonflame from monotype

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Smogon has banned Talonflame from monotype

User Info: DjDrake8

DjDrake8
3 years ago#51
Xynaxus64 posted...
kamahl25 posted...
It's gale wings that needs the ban not crappy t flame

DjDrake8 posted...
kamahl25 posted...

Except Smogon hates complex bans.

I wouldn't exactly call an ability ban a complex ban. After all, they already have a Moody ban, why not a Gale Wings ban?

Moody is banned because it is entirely luck-based(something smogon thinks is "unhealthy" which moody totally is).
I guess you could ban gale wings, but then again the only bug and grass types(the one's that Smogon considered when banning Talonflame) that outspeed Talonflame are Ninjask, Accelgor, and Shamin-Sky. It also outspeeds all usable Fighting types, but then again there's always Scarf.
3DS FC:1478-3914-7305 Poison Safari:Cascoon, Venomoth, Toxicroak
When Life gives you lemons, squirt them in Life's face.

User Info: safeguarde

safeguarde
3 years ago#52
Honestly, I don't even understand how talonflame can 6 v 0 a mono grass team. Even if it were to spam brave bird, the recoil would kill it within about 3 KOs. And assuming it has roost, that would give the grass team the chance they need to take it out in one shot.
FC is 3110-3911-1351
IGN: Kris

User Info: ZeldaTPLink

ZeldaTPLink
3 years ago#53
safeguarde posted...
Honestly, I don't even understand how talonflame can 6 v 0 a mono grass team. Even if it were to spam brave bird, the recoil would kill it within about 3 KOs. And assuming it has roost, that would give the grass team the chance they need to take it out in one shot.

Except that there are other 5 pokemon in Talonflame's team.
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383 Trainer/Mii name: Caio. Safari: Snorunt/Bergmite/Cloyster. PM me if you wanna trade safaris.

User Info: DjDrake8

DjDrake8
3 years ago#54
ZeldaTPLink posted...
safeguarde posted...

Except that there are other 5 pokemon in Talonflame's team.

This.
3DS FC:1478-3914-7305 Poison Safari:Cascoon, Venomoth, Toxicroak
When Life gives you lemons, squirt them in Life's face.

User Info: Rook_the_Ranger

Rook_the_Ranger
3 years ago#55
kamahl25 posted...

At least this. Smogon needs to keep a consistent policy for all its meta games. If an ability or item is the reason for a pokemon being broken, ban the ability or item unless it's shared by a non-broken pokemon. I really support smogon, but this is a legitimate reason to lose their trust.
RNJesus hates me.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Smogon has banned Talonflame from monotype

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived