This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about the Pickup ability

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about the Pickup ability

User Info: gsadr123

gsadr123
2 years ago#1
It says there's a 10% to find an item after a battle. Will having 6 lvl 100 Pokemon with pickup stack to a 60% chance?
FC: 3523-2637-9623, IGN: Bear, Friend Safari: Ghost
Mawile is amazing :)

User Info: 17Master

17Master
2 years ago#2
Each mon will have its own 10% chance. If I did the math correctly, the chance to get at least one item after a battle is about 47%.
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.

User Info: Bunselpower

Bunselpower
2 years ago#3
Well, not exactly.

Having 6 pokemon with a 10% chance will yield 6 independent 10% chances to get an item. This means you'll have a 90% chance of not getting and item.

For you to get no items, you'd have to have all 6 yield none, so that'd be (0.9x0.9x0.9x0.9x0.9x0.9), which is 53%. So you'd have a 47% chance of finding an item.
3DS FC: 1134-8061-2200; SV 3273; IGN: Dano; List: http://tinyurl.com/meg2s5l
Beartic, Piloswine, and Snorunt - My Friend Safari is Ice because I'm so cool.

User Info: Bunselpower

Bunselpower
2 years ago#4
17Master posted...
Each mon will have its own 10% chance. If I did the math correctly, the chance to get at least one item after a battle is about 47%.


Nice.
3DS FC: 1134-8061-2200; SV 3273; IGN: Dano; List: http://tinyurl.com/meg2s5l
Beartic, Piloswine, and Snorunt - My Friend Safari is Ice because I'm so cool.

User Info: gsadr123

gsadr123
2 years ago#5
oh, ok. Thanks! I don't know math lol
FC: 3523-2637-9623, IGN: Bear, Friend Safari: Ghost
Mawile is amazing :)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about the Pickup ability

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived