This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird breeding question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Weird breeding question

User Info: patbradley99

patbradley99
3 years ago#1
I can't find this answer anywhere else so hoping someone has insight.

I'm currently breeding munchlax with curse, so I have a female snorlax and make slowpoke with curse in the daycare. I'm getting the pokemon I want perfectly fine, but my questions involves how long it takes for eggs to be produced.

I "count" steps based on the path starting from Connecting Cave (Route 7 - Riviere Walk) through Camphrier Town over to the edge of Route 5 (Versant Road). Going from one end to the other counts as 1, going all the way back to the other say counts as 2. Make sense?

Sometimes I have to do this route 8-10 times to get an egg, and then sometimes before I've even completed one there's an egg immediately after. I can usually fill my party with 4 or 5 eggs before the first hatches. Obviously munchlax being in the monster egg group takes pretty long to hatch, but why such large discrepancy in times between receiving eggs?

Does anyone have any insight? I couldn't find this elsewhere so if another thread has already answered this then please accept my apologies.

NOTE: slowpoke is a high level than snorlax, I don't have any O-powers on, I don't stop and battle, and I have a fletchinder with Flane Body as the only non-egg in my party at any given time. Not sure if these details help or are important in terms of how long it takes to PRODUCE an egg (obviously it affects hatching).

User Info: iamBGS

iamBGS
3 years ago#2
It doesn't have anything to do with levels, O-powers, battling, or what Pokemon you have in your party. Every so many steps, an egg check is made. Compatibility is higher if the Pokemon are the same species and/or have different trainers, so if the Snorlax and Slowpoke are both yours, that's the lowest odds of finding an egg. Also, the RNG hates you.
0688 5336 2575 Pidgey, Swanna, Rufflet, IGN and Mii are both BGS
PM me if you have a breeding project request or if you add my code

patbradley99
3 years ago#3
Haha, So if theyre both my pokemon (which they are) it's completely random if sometimes I get an egg really quick and sometimes it takes forever?

User Info: geno_16

geno_16
3 years ago#4
It's basically RNG. Every 256 steps the game uses an RNG to determine if an egg is going to appear or not. If the two parents are of the same species and have different original trainers, it's an 80% chance. If they are of the same species but with the same original trainer, or if they are of different species but with different original trainers, it's 50%. Finally if they are different species and have the same original trainer, it's 20%. So since the Slowpoke and Snorlax are both yours, then every 256 steps you have a 20% chance which is why sometimes you're getting it really quickly and sometimes you have to go thousands of steps before one is made.

Basically it's just another pointless random element inserted into breeding which pushes people to Pokegen or abuse RNG.
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1797/fella.jpg

patbradley99
3 years ago#5
Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

2 other quick questions to make sure I'm not dumb: RNG is random number generator? I'm presuming? And is the pokemon's nature completely random aside from using an everyone or something? I'm hoping for an adamant munchlax and the parents are completely random natures I didn't even check but know they aren't adamant

User Info: iamBGS

iamBGS
3 years ago#6
Without an Everstone, nature is randomly chosen.
0688 5336 2575 Pidgey, Swanna, Rufflet, IGN and Mii are both BGS
PM me if you have a breeding project request or if you add my code

patbradley99
3 years ago#7
Thanks!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Weird breeding question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived