This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who was the hardest Champion in Pokemon? (SPOILERS)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Who was the hardest Champion in Pokemon? (SPOILERS)

User Info: Lord_Chivalry

Lord_Chivalry
3 years ago#21
CaptainZangoose posted...
Dark Young Link posted...
EddMario posted...
Greevil is a cheating bastard, what with him using SEVEN Pokemon

Honestly never saw this as cheating considering you've literally been stealing Pokemon this entire time. He starts off with just the Lugia, it's only after you catch/defeat it he brings out his team of 6. It's no more cheating than Evil Grunt #2 challenging you right after you beat Evil Grunt #1

If ye 'ave any sense, ye face 'im with five Pokemon, catch the Lugia, an' then use it fer the final battle. Use the Master Ball though, because if ye don't, yer team will be wrecked by the time ye get to the main battle, since it doesn't heal.

I had six pokemon when I got Lugia so I was on my own oh god that was painful.
Elemental punch Gardevoir was Godly before the split so when he got me down to her I fainted his team and had to come back.
Rest in peace my queen you will be missed.
You will be missed Robert.

User Info: CaptainZangoose

CaptainZangoose
3 years ago#22
If ye 'ave any sense, ye face 'im with five Pokemon, catch the Lugia,

This is outside knowledge though. I wouldn't know what I'm up against unless I looked up a guide, or have already beaten the game.

..... And yet, I think I might have actually done this? Huh.... It's been so long since I played XD I really don't remember how my first playthrough ended exactly.

It's not, I figured this out as a kid while playing through the game blind. It's a pretty simple strategy really. Thar be' this OP Pokemon ye've had teased through the whole game an' ye've got a ball that can capture it without fail. Of course yer going to want it fer yer team.

CaptainZangoose
3 years ago#23
Lord_Chivalry posted...
EddMario posted...
Greevil is a cheating bastard, what with him using SEVEN Pokemon

Honestly never saw this as cheating considering you've literally been stealing Pokemon this entire time. He starts off with just the Lugia, it's only after you catch/defeat it he brings out his team of 6. It's no more cheating than Evil Grunt #2 challenging you right after you beat Evil Grunt #1

If ye 'ave any sense, ye face 'im with five Pokemon, catch the Lugia, an' then use it fer the final battle. Use the Master Ball though, because if ye don't, yer team will be wrecked by the time ye get to the main battle, since it doesn't heal.

I had six pokemon when I got Lugia so I was on my own oh god that was painful.
Elemental punch Gardevoir was Godly before the split so when he got me down to her I fainted his team and had to come back.

Aye, I used a Gardevoir on me' last XD playthrough too. I used it together with a Dusclops mostly. Dusclops had Helping Hand an' Will-O-Wisp which helped Gardevoir out a lot.

User Info: Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
3 years ago#24
gured this out as a kid while playing through the game blind. It's a pretty simple strategy really. Thar be' this OP Pokemon ye've had teased through the whole game an' ye've got a ball that can capture it without fail. Of course yer going to want it fer yer team.

And what was stopping it from being in his team of six?
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616

User Info: Dathedr-vodhr

Dathedr-vodhr
3 years ago#25
1 vote for diantha, lolwat.
FC: 1435 5375 1663 IGN: Dathedr 80 People agree that Mega garde is viable
The Proud Royal Head Chef of the most Benevolent Mistress, Valerie

CaptainZangoose
3 years ago#26
gured this out as a kid while playing through the game blind. It's a pretty simple strategy really. Thar be' this OP Pokemon ye've had teased through the whole game an' ye've got a ball that can capture it without fail. Of course yer going to want it fer yer team.

And what was stopping it from being in his team of six?

To be honest I was a kid an' it was a long time ago, I probably thought if ye caught them during the battle, it switched sides or something. I just remember thinking of using that strategy from the start of the game.

User Info: Blingya25

Blingya25
3 years ago#27
For me, it's Cynthia or Blue.

Although, both have good reasons, Cynthia, because I was god low level'd for the E4, let alone the champion.

Blue, was because I was using Pokemon that weren't... I guess, "Top Tier" at the time. If I remember correctly, I had Blastoise, Persian, Victreebel, Fearow, Ninetails, and some other weak Pokemon. Once my Blastoise fainted (in the Original Blue about 15 years) I pretty much item-lame it out xD
Let the Power of Youth Exploud!!

CaptainZangoose
3 years ago#28
Blingya25 posted...
For me, it's Cynthia or Blue.

Although, both have good reasons, Cynthia, because I was god low level'd for the E4, let alone the champion.

Blue, was because I was using Pokemon that weren't... I guess, "Top Tier" at the time. If I remember correctly, I had Blastoise, Persian, Victreebel, Fearow, Ninetails, and some other weak Pokemon. Once my Blastoise fainted (in the Original Blue about 15 years) I pretty much item-lame it out xD

Ironically Persian WAS top tier back then.

User Info: Rook_the_Ranger

Rook_the_Ranger
3 years ago#29
I don't get why people be' saying Greevil was hard. If ye use Shadow Lugia, ye literally 'ave a Pokemon that resists every attack his team has an' has godly defences in the first place. Even catching his full team be' easy. Evice on the other hand, that was a fight that actually be' hard. Cynthia was decently challenging, but nothing on Evice.

How much rum did you have today? The shadow birds 1-2 shot my entire team thanks to unresisted shadow attacks and My team had some defensive stuff like Vaporeon and Magneton.
RNJesus hates me.

CaptainZangoose
3 years ago#30
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
I don't get why people be' saying Greevil was hard. If ye use Shadow Lugia, ye literally 'ave a Pokemon that resists every attack his team has an' has godly defences in the first place. Even catching his full team be' easy. Evice on the other hand, that was a fight that actually be' hard. Cynthia was decently challenging, but nothing on Evice.

How much rum did you have today? The shadow birds 1-2 shot my entire team thanks to unresisted shadow attacks and My team had some defensive stuff like Vaporeon and Magneton.

Lugia matey, that be' the answer to yer problems. It be' known as the Great Wall fer a reason. Also since it be' a Shadow Pokemon, it resists Shadow moves.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Who was the hardest Champion in Pokemon? (SPOILERS)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived