This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips on Sketching non-Status moves on Level 1 Smeargle?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Tips on Sketching non-Status moves on Level 1 Smeargle?

User Info: bash678

bash678
3 years ago#1
I have a question that perhaps others might be able to help.

I'm trying to Sketch four non-Status moves on a Smeargle, while strictly keeping him at Level 1. I can use Heart Scales to have the other Sketch moves but the catch is he must not gain experience but remains at Level 1.

The lowest double battle I can find is the 1-star restaurant with the elemental monkeys at Level 10. I can't use a Pokemon (with the move I want to Sketch) higher than Level 10 because it will knock out the monkeys and Smeargle gains experience, so I bred the moves on a Level 1 Pokemon so that it won't get the chance to knock the monkeys out.

I used Darkrai to make the monkeys sleep on the first turn but when I bring out Smeargle, they always wake up and knock him out before he gets the chance to Sketch.

The option I see is use Focus Sashes, but that's going to be a waste of four Sashes. Apart from the Sash, any idea on how to go about this?

Thanks.
FC: 4656-7089-2092 | IGN: Drayden

User Info: gsadr123

gsadr123
3 years ago#2
Your best bet is probably the sashes
Edit: or get another Smeargle with the moves you want and Dark Void and spam Dark Void and then sketch the moves you want
FC: 3523-2637-9624, IGN: Bear, Friend Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Dusclops
Mawile is amazing :)

User Info: bash678

bash678
3 years ago#3
gsadr123 posted...
Edit: or get another Smeargle with the moves you want and Dark Void and spam Dark Void and then sketch the moves you want

Getting another Smeargle would probably be a good idea to avoid wasting Sashes. Thanks for your response.
FC: 4656-7089-2092 | IGN: Drayden

User Info: gsadr123

gsadr123
3 years ago#4
bash678 posted...
gsadr123 posted...

Getting another Smeargle would probably be a good idea to avoid wasting Sashes. Thanks for your response.

No problem
FC: 3523-2637-9624, IGN: Bear, Friend Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Dusclops
Mawile is amazing :)

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
3 years ago#5
If you do it in Gen IV you could probably abuse the Rage-Transform glitch.
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://weblab.cs.uml.edu/~rdupuis/gamefaqs-avatars/
#teamkyogre #zangoosesucks
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Tips on Sketching non-Status moves on Level 1 Smeargle?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived