This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

King of OU every gen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. King of OU every gen

User Info: GarchompBlade

GarchompBlade
3 years ago#11
Gen 1: Gyarados
Gen 2: Tyranitar, Ursaring, Too many to make a call, really.
Gen 3: Salamence, Metagross, or Aggron
Gen 4: Yeah, prolly Scizor. I guess maybe Infernape as well.
Gen 5: Volcarona. Where it's at. Kami trio's therian forms deserve a shout out as well.
Gen 6: Talonflame. I don't think Aegi deserves that spot.
Gen 7: Mega Unown
Sceptile better get a Mega. Oh, maybe Dragon or Ghost secondary type as well!
FC: 4484-9483-6114. Safari: Rufflet, Doduo, Swanna. 3DS Name: Keoto. Y Name: Avie

User Info: metroxil

metroxil
3 years ago#12
You guys are forgetting Special Outrage Latios/Latias
Hoenn - Unova - Kalos - Sinnoh - Kanto - Jotho
Jolteon - Ampharous - Gardevoir - Staraptor - Joltik - Goomy

User Info: wolf rider

wolf rider
3 years ago#13
How exactly is Aegislash king of OU?
Pkmn Y IGN: Yagi
FC: 0447 6935 5049 TSV: 2357

User Info: Froakiebloke

Froakiebloke
3 years ago#14
GarchompBlade posted...
Gen 5: Volcarona. Where it's at. Kami trio's therian forms deserve a shout out as well.

Gyarados was not even OU in Gen 1
Ursaring was BL in gen 2 and Snorlax was on essentially every serious team
Aggron was not OU in Gen 3
Volcarona was not responsible for the constant rain
Breeder on The Pocket Monsters guild! JOIN US
FC - 1504 5746 9733 -IGN: Bonkie -Safari: Steel with Metang, Magneton and Bronzong- TSV: 3420

User Info: endergamer537

endergamer537
3 years ago#15
GarchompBlade posted...

no no no
3DS FC: 1864-8493-9429
All hail Centaur Therapist Jesus!

User Info: Octaz

Octaz
3 years ago#16
yeah i'd put gen IV heatran above scizor. I honestly can't think of a team archetype in gen IV that isn't significantly improved by shoving a heatran on it, this pokemon does everything and has like a billion great sets. scizor is a great mon too but it's far more limited in the scope of what it can do.

I mean just off the top of my head Heatran was a great lead, you had ShucaTran, Passho Tran (blows up on starmie), it was in general one of the best lures since everything you'd want to switch in on it gets murdered by Explosion and that can clear the way for later sweepers, it had a great scarf set, magma storm was cool, it was bulky as heck + had great resistances so it worked well on stall, it could set up rocks, taunttran was a cool stallbreaker, etc etc I don't think I've even scratched the surface.

looking at usage stats now he's pretty much always #2 behind starmie (scizor is usually #4, behind starmie/heatran/ttar). I think you could make a case for starmie or tyranitar in gen IV, too, they were both incredible pokemon that could run all sorts of sets, but I feel heatran was overall more influential.
IGN: Dee FC: 1349-5268-6092
Electric Safari: Electrode, Pikachu, and Galvantula

User Info: Froakiebloke

Froakiebloke
3 years ago#17
I think SkarmBliss was on all gen 3 teams
Breeder on The Pocket Monsters guild! JOIN US
FC - 1504 5746 9733 -IGN: Bonkie -Safari: Steel with Metang, Magneton and Bronzong- TSV: 3420

User Info: sammyboy9378

sammyboy9378
3 years ago#18
KingWhiteKnight posted...
sammyboy9378 posted...

Gen 3 Salamence is pretty close too.
Gen 6 also had Talonflame.

No. Gen 3 Mence best stab was 70 bp hp flying and was stopped by any bulky water. Ttar was a better DDer with more viable sets and perma sand.

Oh yes I forgot that the physical/special split only came on Gen 4. That being said, Salamence was pretty beast in Gen 4. Heatran definitely deserves special mention, along with Latios.
Gen 5 had a big powercreep and there are just so many Pokemon that was OU. But the abuse of perma rain was very dominant so I could say Politoed deserves the "King" title.
For Gen 6 I think Talonflame is up there along with Aegislash, along with some Mevos.
3DS FC: 1864-9703-4001
Friend Safari: Pansage, Ivysaur, Quiladin (Grass)

User Info: KingWhiteKnight

KingWhiteKnight
3 years ago#19
Yeah now that I think about it in Gen IV Heatran or possibly Tyranitar deserve king status more than Scizor.

User Info: ZeldaTPLink

ZeldaTPLink
3 years ago#20
wolf rider posted...
How exactly is Aegislash king of OU?

1- Amazing 150/150 bulk and great defensive typing, letting it easily switch into a lot of threats. Also enough bulk to take most super-effective moves and hit back hard.
2- The most spammable move in the meta, Shadow Ball. Ridiculously hard to switch into.
3- One of the best priority moves in the meta.
4- Able to force almost every pokemon into a game of prediction, where the cost of failing is taking a super-powered shadow ball, or hitting a King's Shield. Stupidly hard to check, impossible to counter.
5- Versatile stats and movepool that let it run multiple sets.
6- Can easily fit any team and any playstyle, and make it work.
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383 Trainer/Mii name: Caio. Safari: Snorunt/Bergmite/Cloyster. PM me if you wanna trade safaris.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. King of OU every gen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived