This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon that are better than you thought

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon that are better than you thought

User Info: Missiletainn

Missiletainn
3 years ago#1
I got the inspiration for this topic after realizing how hilariously huge Furret's move pool is. Every one of its stats barring Speed is junk, but it can learn damn near any move you can imagine, including Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Super Fang, and U-Turn (Choice Banded U-Turn is really its only viable niche).
"Well, you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." --Festus Krex

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
3 years ago#2
I used to write off Machop as not as good as the other fighting-types, but when I used him in Mystery Dungeon I was actually blown away by how useful he was. (Especially since I always seemed to get swamped by Steel and Rock types - and my main was a Skitty, so I couldn't really hold my own!)

I know, it's not a mainline game, but damn!
Steph of the Electric Safari. 3DS FC: 0602-6270-8466, TSV is 2302
Pikachu, Electrode, and Luxio? Shocking!!

User Info: fawful_X

fawful_X
3 years ago#3
Arcanine. Turns out Intimidate and massive defensive investment results in a tank easily capable of taking STAB Earthquakes. It's even good against Aegislash (from my experience).

Sylveon as well, although it's more for "massive damage output via Pixilate Hyper Voice."

Medicham may be redeemed some in my eyes, considering I'm breeding one after I got one with several egg moves off of WT.
My Current Nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69109148
Dominatrix bananaaaaa heaaaad! *record scratch*

User Info: The_Dragonw

The_Dragonw
3 years ago#4
fawful_X posted...
Arcanine. Turns out Intimidate and massive defensive investment results in a tank easily capable of taking STAB Earthquakes. It's even good against Aegislash (from my experience).

Sylveon as well, although it's more for "massive damage output via Pixilate Hyper Voice."

Medicham may be redeemed some in my eyes, considering I'm breeding one after I got one with several egg moves off of WT.

Which moves on the Meditite?

I don't really like the thing much, but I wanted to try Jolly with

HJK
Drain Punch?
Bullet
Ice.

Then I realise I have no Psychic moves and I hate breeding Egg moves

D:
3DS FC:195085778687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region:UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of everywhere

fawful_X
3 years ago#5
The_Dragonw posted...
Which ones?

Ice Punch, Bullet Punch, Drain Punch, and Fake Out.

Reminds me of that Elemental Fangs Deino and Dragon Dance Scraggy I also got via WT (both have been bred, but need PP Ups.)

Metagross, from my experience, is somehow capable of tanking a Bisharp's Night Slash, whacking it with a Hammer Arm, and then going for the Bullet Punch.
My Current Nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69109148

User Info: The_Dragonw

The_Dragonw
3 years ago#6
Seemed like a good Meditite.

D:
3DS FC:195085778687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region:UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of everywhere

User Info: SirPikachu

SirPikachu
3 years ago#7
Ambipom plows through teams all the time. b Technician boosted Fake Out knocks them down where a boosted PuP or two will take them out; then he can do a ton of damage with Return(and Thief for Ghosts) til he finally goes down.
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
Everyone call me elf monster
(message deleted)

fawful_X
3 years ago#9
The_Dragonw posted...
Seemed like a good Meditite.

D:

If you want, I can trade you one of my breeding rejects (all Jolly). Just be aware that the only 4IV one I have has it in Special Attack, and the rest are either 2 or 3 IVs (potentially including Sp.Atk).

My FC is 0559-6813-5961.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon that are better than you thought

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived