This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I figured out where the Strange Souviner had to have come from.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I figured out where the Strange Souviner had to have come from.

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
3 years ago#11
Complete this game then flick on the GC and you'll see what I mean. There is very little to suggest that it isn't the case the Strange Souvenir isn't a Time Flute, not least the fact it looks like a Flute and the fact Celebi is the protector of Orre (or at least Agate Village).

User Info: RandomMode

RandomMode
3 years ago#12
@Adam_Ace

Pokemon X and Y use completely different formats from Game Cube games. Unless they were using their models as guides to rebuild them, they couldn't just port. And even without this, you can clearly see the different in quality and build from both games. Unless they admitted this somewhere (please provide a link) I don't buy it.

Pokemon X and Y are also based on France, Orre was based on Phoenix, Arizona. Orre as itself is strongly linked to generation two and three. At best, the argument is the Game Cube games became a haven for those who wanted/need generation two pokemon for their more recent main series games, which Nintendo could do because they own part of the Pokemon Franchise.

A lack of generation two pokemon within a generation VI game hardly counts as any sort of justification. That game also lacks the lake guardians, the regis, the tao trio, the creation trio, the weather trio, and the forces of nature trio.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that we don't know what the time flute looks like. And there is also the fact the the game tells us that the strange souvenir is depicting a pokemon, not an altar, nor time flute, but a pokemon. We can agree that celebi does not look like that souvenir.
I say, the world must be cubed.
FC: 5026-5530-6237 | IGN: X-Zachary Y-Fai B/B2-Jorden

User Info: TropiOUs

TropiOUs
3 years ago#13
most models come from pokepark 2 anyway
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON. Mega Latios is garbaje

Adam_Ace
3 years ago#14
I love the fact not a single person paid attention to the "AN ADMITTEDLY LONG SHOT but a feasible one".

Of course it's unlikely but thus far no-ones given any decisive reason as to why it couldn't be the case. The fact is the door is wide open for it. I'm not saying it's likely, I'm saying it's possible. Whether you agree with it or not.

And it absolutely would not be the first time Nintendo Linked a mainstream Pokemon game with a different production company as it's spin off.

User Info: 1998_z

1998_z
3 years ago#15
it's actually from Ransei
The sole rule of any videogamer is to save save save. Especially when something rare happens. - LightHawKnight

RandomMode
3 years ago#16
Adam_Ace posted...
I love the fact not a single person paid attention to the "AN ADMITTEDLY LONG SHOT but a feasible one".

Of course it's unlikely but thus far no-ones given any decisive reason as to why it couldn't be the case. The fact is the door is wide open for it. I'm not saying it's likely, I'm saying it's possible. Whether you agree with it or not.

And it absolutely would not be the first time Nintendo Linked a mainstream Pokemon game with a different production company as it's spin off.

Some times a long shot is just so long that it's just as probably as Game Freak releasing generation seven next month.

I would like to point out that my above statement is referring to and only to the statement that the lack of generation two pokemon means something in game is hinting to Orre, a region not even connected to generation two as well as generation two was.

User Info: fedartz

fedartz
3 years ago#17
1998_z posted...
it's actually from Almia
FC 1478 - 5012 - 5198 IGN Fedora TSV 0229 Poison Safari
Sound arguments are only useful when dealing with intellectually honest people.

User Info: Lord_Chivalry

Lord_Chivalry
3 years ago#18
Just going to remind y'all Hoenn confirmed bye bye.
My Queen is the most graceful and powerful there is.
Now I am robbing the cab drivers of Lumiose city.

Adam_Ace
3 years ago#19
RandomMode posted...
Adam_Ace posted...

Some times a long shot is just so long that it's just as probably as Game Freak releasing generation seven next month.

I would like to point out that my above statement is referring to and only to the statement that the lack of generation two pokemon means something in game is hinting to Orre, a region not even connected to generation two as well as generation two was.

I do apologise for that as it is a fair point. I didn't mean to imply that the lack of Gen II pokemon was "Proof" that it would be the case. I was simply implying that with the considerable amount of Pokemon Present within there is more than enough space to play with for Nintendo/Chunsoft to make a remake it, IF they wanted to.

Personally I don't think the Souvenir is going to be anything but a massive disappointment to be honest.

RandomMode
3 years ago#20
Adam_Ace posted...
RandomMode posted...
Adam_Ace posted...

I do apologise for that as it is a fair point. I didn't mean to imply that the lack of Gen II pokemon was "Proof" that it would be the case. I was simply implying that with the considerable amount of Pokemon Present within there is more than enough space to play with for Nintendo/Chunsoft to make a remake it, IF they wanted to.

Personally I don't think the Souvenir is going to be anything but a massive disappointment to be honest.

A third installment of Orre would be great, might even help boost Wii U sales.

I do hope the strange souvenir is something more though.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I figured out where the Strange Souviner had to have come from.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived