This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please rate my team(Doubles)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Please rate my team(Doubles)

User Info: VampEpyre

VampEpyre
3 years ago#1
I'm now to the whole battling thing and I wanted someone to review my team please. Any help would be appreciated. Just decided to use my favorite pokemon for my first team

Azumarill@Splash Plate
Ability:Huge Power
Adamant Nature
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Sp.def
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

A set that seems to work really well when I use it, I use belly drum and sweep with aqua jet and for things that wall aqua jet, I have both play rough and superpower for

Blissey@Leftovers
Ability:Natural Cure
Bold Nature
252 Def/252 Sp.def/6 HP
-Flamethrower
-Softboiled
-Heal Pulse
-Aromatherapy

The pokemon who goes hand in hand with the belly drumming of Azumarill, Blissey heals her right back while keeping status effects of of her. Most people I go against fall of this and seem to let it happen, but I wait for the day this plan fails so I can come up with something else.

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Ability:Scrappy/Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
252 Spd/252 Atk/6 HP
-Power up Punch
-Earthquake
-Return
-Subisitue

Most people get mad at me for it and I had someone downright forfeit whenever they see me use this mon. This is my plan B in case Azumarill can't get the job done. PuP for a untauntable swords dance and Earthquake for steels. I use Return for raw damage after I get off a PuP. I don't mega evolve instantly in some cases because sometimes people try to check me with Mega Gengar or Ageislash.

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
Ability:Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp.def
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Leech seed

Another wall I have along with setting up stealth rocks, Ferrothorn leads to most Pokemon offing themselves before they can harm it. I normally use Stealth rocks and if they switch out on that turn, on my next I use Leech Seed. After all of that is set, I normally use Gyro ball or power whip to chunk out damage.

Rotom-H@Wacan Berry
Ability:Levitate
Calm nature
252 Hp/56 Sp.atk/190 sp.def/12 Def
-Discharge
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Overheat

I was told to use Rotom-W, but I dislike the way it looks. Rotom-H is for Pokemon that might wall me like an enemy Ferrothorn or a Skarmory. Will-O-Wisp adds for stall damage and pain slit for "heals". Overheat as a stab and Discharge for water types

Excadrill@Assault Vest
Ability:Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
202 Sp.def/80 Def/52 atk/176 HP
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw

A bulky Rapid spinner and my general counter to Pokemon with annoying abilities. Rock Slide for Pokemon like Talonflame, Earthquake for strong stab, Rotom-W, Megazard X and Pokemon who are grounded, Rapid spin for entry hazards and Shadow Claw for spinblockers.

That's abou it really. Review and constructive critisim would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
I wish I was a ghost so I could stop walking everywhere.
Nintendo and Steam are the only companies for me ^.^

User Info: CptFluttershy

CptFluttershy
3 years ago#2
For starters, your team gets decimated by Infernape, Talonflame and Blaziken all of which are incredibly popular online. You need to run a counter for them. If this is your soild team and plan to stick with it, I recommend you switch Rotom's form for something that can handle them.

Also, I'm afraid that Excadrill will kill any of it's allies or damage them badly if you use Earthquake with any of them out. I recommend using a Talonflame yourself or getting a Pokemon like Togekiss instead of Blissey and having it use Follow Me so they are forced to focus Togekiss.
Oh, people read these?
Official Cheerleader of everything wrong with the Internet *\O/*

User Info: MegaRamza

MegaRamza
3 years ago#3
Your blissey will get pwned too. Two calm minds on a mega gardevoir = three shot
Thank you for reading this sentence.
Friend Code: 4656-6548-4282 - Pokemon X IGN: Kyle

User Info: TropiOUs

TropiOUs
3 years ago#4
2/10 and I'm being nice
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON. Mega Latios is garbaje
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Please rate my team(Doubles)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived