This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best movest for Aurorus w/ Refrigerate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Best movest for Aurorus w/ Refrigerate?

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#11
Snake_Eyes270 posted...
what about take down or hyper beam or something like that? hyper beam turned into ice type with damage boost would be pretty good wouldnt it? keep in mind again I just play casually not online and am just looking for fun and effective movesets

Aurorus has extremely subpar physical attack.

Hyper Beam style moves actively WORK AGAINST YOU.
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel is superior.

User Info: CommonDreads

CommonDreads
3 years ago#12
RAcastBlaster posted...
Aurorus @ Weakness Policy
252 HP/ something...
~ Nature Power (usually becomes Tri-Attack online, also Nature Power counts as a Status move, so it bypasses Sucker Punch)
~ Thunderbolt / Dark Pulse
~ Ancientpower
~ Rock Polish

I am in agreement with this. For the something maybe invest half in speed and special attack?
FC: 1848-2177-9464
Pokemon ign Landon

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#13
Snake_Eyes270 posted...
what about take down or hyper beam or something like that? hyper beam turned into ice type with damage boost would be pretty good wouldnt it? keep in mind again I just play casually not online and am just looking for fun and effective movesets

Since Aurorus' Special Attack is higher, you'd be better served with using Hyper Beam over Take Down...but since Hyper Beam is a two-turn attack, it'd only have an effective Base Power of 146...which is only a little higher than Ice Beam (135 BP).
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#14
CommonDreads posted...
RAcastBlaster posted...
Aurorus @ Weakness Policy
252 HP/ something...
~ Nature Power (usually becomes Tri-Attack online, also Nature Power counts as a Status move, so it bypasses Sucker Punch)
~ Thunderbolt / Dark Pulse
~ Ancientpower
~ Rock Polish

I am in agreement with this. For the something maybe invest half in speed and special attack?

That's awfully arbitrary. I'd find out what stuff you outspeed at +2 with different natures and investments. I can't be bothered to do it. :P
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel is superior.

User Info: Snake_Eyes270

Snake_Eyes270
3 years ago#15
hmmm okay so far im thinking nature power might be a good one to use...keep the suggestions coming though!!
3DS: 2492-4456-0621 nick:Robby (Friend Safari Type:DRAGON) PM me if you add me! Always looking to complete my pokedex X&Y!

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#16
darkshadowspawn posted...
Snake_Eyes270 posted...

Since Aurorus' Special Attack is higher, you'd be better served with using Hyper Beam over Take Down...but since Hyper Beam is a two-turn attack, it'd only have an effective Base Power of 146...which is only a little higher than Ice Beam (135 BP).

And lower than Refrigerate Tri-Attack. 80*1.5*1.3 = 156
Steel is superior.

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#17
Snake_Eyes270 posted...
ah yes I forgot hyper beam is a physical attack

hmmm okay so far im thinking nature power might be a good one to use...keep the suggestions coming though!!

Hyper Beam is actually Special, but it's still a sub-par option...since you're useless the second turn, you've given your opponent an opening to take down the dino (and, with its typing, it's an easy KO). Giga Impact is the Physical version.
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#18
Take Down also has the addition of the recoil that Aurorus can scarcely afford to take...if you're set on something physical, use Return (at max happiness, it's a BP 102 move...with Refrigerate and STAB, it reaches an effective 198 BP).
- Myles Keogh

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#19
[Edit: nevermind, I did a dumb thing in my calcs xD]
Steel is superior.

User Info: Snake_Eyes270

Snake_Eyes270
3 years ago#20
im not set on physical at all, I was just throwing out some random normal type moves, since its special attack is better then physical, I should stick to picking from the normal type moves below I suppose, since they are special attack

round
hidden power
echoed voice
nature power
3DS: 2492-4456-0621 nick:Robby (Friend Safari Type:DRAGON) PM me if you add me! Always looking to complete my pokedex X&Y!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Best movest for Aurorus w/ Refrigerate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived