This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about breeding? Help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about breeding? Help

User Info: OIVldz

OIVldz
3 years ago#1
I'm breeding for a perfect Charmander with perfect Iv's

But lets say , ONCE I get a male and female with all 6 perfect ivs will breeding them together with destiny Knot always get me a perfect Charmander over and over again?

OIVldz
3 years ago#2
Im using this guide from Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CtLqTc8IaM

User Info: MogKnightAzure

MogKnightAzure
3 years ago#3
OIVldz posted...
I'm breeding for a perfect Charmander with perfect Iv's

But lets say , ONCE I get a male and female with all 6 perfect ivs will breeding them together with destiny Knot always get me a perfect Charmander over and over again?

It will always give you a Charmander with 5 perfect IVs, as the Destiny Knot can only pass 5 IVs down. you'll have a 1/32 chance at getting a child with all 6 perfect IVs, as thats what you roll randomly to determine the last IV.

Unless you go mixed or for a specific Hidden Power, most of the time 5 IVs is already 'perfect' and you're realistically rolling a 1/6 chance for the imperfect IV to be attack/special attack, whichever you aren't using.

EDIT: Oh and dont forget to have an everstone on the parent with the desirable nature.
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro

OIVldz
3 years ago#4
Oh okay that where i messed up I thought it was 6 ivs but your right its 5 ivs only thank you.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about breeding? Help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived