This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theoretical New Type

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Theoretical New Type

User Info: PTDemonspanker

PTDemonspanker
3 years ago#1
The Light type - a more literal form of light compared to the Fairy type's supernatural form of light.

Super Effective against: Ghost (Ghosts don't play during the day), Steel (heated up during intense sunlight), Fairy (Likes to stay hidden away from human eyes), Dark (Nocturnal)

Not Very Effective against: Electric (similar in concept so they resist), Grass (Plants take in sunlight), Fighting (Nice tan!),

Zero Damage against: Ice (Ice is transparent so Light passes right through)

Weak to: Grass, Dark (Diurnal),

Resists: Light, Fire, Fairy (They don't want to expose themselves), Ghost

Type changes
Mega Manectric: Electric -> Electric/Light

Gigalith: Rock -> Rock/Light

Manaphy: Water -> Water/Light

Electivire: Electric -> Electric/Light

Volbeat/Illumise: Bug -> Bug/Light

Sunflora: Grass -> Grass/Light

Ninetails: Fire -> Fire/Light

Florges line: Fairy -> Fairy/Light

Rotom now has a Ghost/Light flashlight forme. Knows the move Light Flash, a Light type Vacuum Wave.

Ability Changes
Illuminate is now a Light type Refrigerate. It's field effect is the same.

Move Changes
Flash and Morning Sun are now Light type moves.

Most Electric type Pokemon can learn a few Light type moves. Any Pokemon with glowing body parts (Malamar, Lanturn, Ampharos) can learn Light type moves.

Photon Charge - Light - Physical - 90 BP - 100 ACC - Light type Wild Charge. Tutor-able.

Photon Force - Light - Special - 90 BP - 100 ACC - 10% Chance to reduce Accuracy. Tm-able.

Solar Flare - Light - Special - 110 BP - 70 ACC - 50% Chance to reduce Evasion. Can't miss in intense sunlight. Tm-able.

Shining Fist - Light - Physical - 80 BP - 100 ACC - Targets Special Defense. Tm-able.

Light Flash - Light - Special - 40 BP - 100 ACC - Priority move.

Shine Beacon - Light - Status - Heals yourself by 50% but reduces your evasion by one stage.
(message deleted)

User Info: Lonta_Beans3

Lonta_Beans3
3 years ago#3
Huh.
ok - People that agree: 999999999.9 - Started 7/2/14
3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 IGN: Lonta | Skype: lontabeans

User Info: lawlnope

lawlnope
3 years ago#4
Seems ok.

Nothing terrible but nothing good.
Haunter is the best.

User Info: mrballerswaggin

mrballerswaggin
3 years ago#5
Lonta_Beans3 posted...
Huh.

ok
FC: 1478-4162-6801 IGN: Ariel | http://i.imgur.com/1OetWCv.jpg
Poetry: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dmKzLhHYY | Member of the Root Clan

User Info: newuser2000

newuser2000
3 years ago#6
I think Fairy encompasses beings of light and goodness well enough.

Should they make Light Screen a Light move? I don't know.

I think the fact that they've only introduced one type since GSC is a good thing. There are already too many types. That's why several types (Poison, Psychic, Grass, Bug) are often pushed to borderline irrelevance.

User Info: Kyainey

Kyainey
3 years ago#7
http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png
http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png me IRL This post contains opinions. If you feel offended, please see a doctor immediately.
3DS FC: 3797 - 7146 - 0278

User Info: Faust_8

Faust_8
3 years ago#8
Rocks are heated by the sun too and you don't see them being weak to Fire or anything like that, like Steel is.

I just don't get Steel's weakness to it.

All in all, like I said, it's not terrible...it's just not really necessary either.
"It's hard to reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into."
--JonWood

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 years ago#9
I like it better than Fairy.

Faust_8 posted...
Rocks are heated by the sun too and you don't see them being weak to Fire or anything like that, like Steel is.

I just don't get Steel's weakness to it.

All in all, like I said, it's not terrible...it's just not really necessary either.

What I don't get is how Electric is not SE on Steel. When I head Steel type was getting in, the very first type I figured it'd be weak to was Electric.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: DeadpoolMewtwo

DeadpoolMewtwo
3 years ago#10
So it's SE against Dark and Dark is SE against it? That doesn't seem right. Overall, I don't really like the idea of the light type, doesn't solve any apparent problems.
3DS Name: Deadpool FC: 5429-7982-0261 TSV: 1775
BR-ALL-AR
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Theoretical New Type

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived