This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When did you realize X and Y weren't the 10/10 pokemon games you were hoping for

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When did you realize X and Y weren't the 10/10 pokemon games you were hoping for

User Info: Tytanium18

Tytanium18
3 years ago#21
Upon realizing that...

-It just feels like they used pretty graphics to cover up for the fact that it's kind of a half-arsed game.
-This game is pathetically easy compared to past installments, especially anything pre-BW.
-Shoves easymode in your face with the xp share after the first gym. Granted you can just turn it off, but that thing really doesn't need to exist until post-game. Don't tempt new people into becoming dependent on the xp share.
-There's hardly anything to do post-game compared to previous gens, (BW1 had this problem too)
-There's some lazy recycled locations (one-room caves),
-Unable to explore any of the other power plant facilities on route 13, even though they tease you with doors leading to them.
-Too many bland linear maps, (Route 1 is pretty and all, but I like to wander off the beaten path)
-90% of locations have no reason to be visited again after your first time there.
-I realized this while doing a speedrun in 5:43- You get stopped A LOT by npc's/events to tell you things you already know.
-Gamefreak still pretends IV's are some kind of secret/mystery.
-Route music is bland, except for route 15 and co., which is simply too short/ needs another phrase
-There's a lack of balance with who gets mega forms.
-Absol's mega form should have just been a standard evolution. Seriously. It's just way too awesome to be unable to hold an item, and utilize it's 115 base speed on the first turn.

User Info: rojse

rojse
3 years ago#22
LightningAce11 posted...
9 when there were only 70 pokemon

I count 95. You've missed a few.
MissJocelyn: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69712152
R-A-V: there is something wrong with a guy writing fiction about a girl

User Info: ElCruzXD

ElCruzXD
3 years ago#23
Tytanium18 posted...
It just feels like they used pretty graphics to cover up for the fact that it's kind of a half-arsed game.

And the graphics weren't even that great (except the battles).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NcDZmmu9FM

User Info: Ansem_the_evil

Ansem_the_evil
3 years ago#24
Never its stil 10 for me
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#25
Oh, and when I found out Mega Kangaskhan and Gengar exist.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
3 years ago#26
rojse posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
9 when there were only 70 pokemon

I count 95. You've missed a few.

Mega Pokemon don't count. They're temporary and just power boosts.
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When did you realize X and Y weren't the 10/10 pokemon games you were hoping for

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived