This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do we fix ice type or are they competitive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do we fix ice type or are they competitive?

User Info: Nanahara715

Nanahara715
2 years ago#41
Remove ice resistance to rock-
Rock is resisted by three types (ground, steel, fighting) and only four pokemon double resist it, making it a great offensive typing (SE against ice, flying, fire, and bug)- removing a SE for rock doesn't hurt it too much, makes SR less strong/centralizing, and gives some ice pokemon some good options (Avalugg as an actual effective rapid spinner what?)

Ice resists water;
Water is SE against 3 and NVE against three, net zero. If ice resists water, it wouldn't affect very much because water is still neutral to steel, and hits common ground types hard.
Water is a great type anyways, with only two weaknesses and 4 resists. You could probably even make water not resist ice anymore and it would be balanced.
This is why we need feminism.

User Info: Faust_8

Faust_8
2 years ago#42
I would prefer that they resisted each other actually, like how both Fighting and Bug resist each other.

It makes sense to me--a lot of ice will freeze water, a lot of water will melt ice. They should be equal against each other, either both resisting or both hitting for neutral.
The Law of BS: For every 1 minute of BS spewed, it requires 1 hour of explanation to debunk. (Results not guaranteed.)

User Info: legendrider

legendrider
2 years ago#43
Ice now resists water, ground and flying
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy. Kyogre Cascade

User Info: Ccroybb

Ccroybb
2 years ago#44
They should've made Ice resistant to Fairy. It doesn't make any sense but the Ice typing needs a defensive buff. Make it resistant to water as well.
Gamefaqs mods are terrible

User Info: ThornAernought

ThornAernought
2 years ago#45
Rather than just messing with the type chart, how about an addition to actually change things up, strategically?

The move Inversion Room/Invert Room/Inverted Room would make ice types defensively viable.
"It's a f***ing chaos snake, Glove!"

User Info: inchbytes

inchbytes
2 years ago#46
ThornAernought posted...
Rather than just messing with the type chart, how about an addition to actually change things up, strategically?

The move Inversion Room/Invert Room/Inverted Room would make ice types defensively viable.

a pokemon with an ability similar to inversion would be cool. aurorus would work as a great wall with this ability
"I salute thee"
http://tinyurl.com/chojazb

User Info: TeachMeMsLitchi

TeachMeMsLitchi
2 years ago#47
That would just force you to set up, JUST to use ice types if that's what you're specifically looking to do. Most likely would just be a waste of time
http://i.imgur.com/16AHNsD.gif ~ "You're as bouncy as always, boobie lady!" ~ http://i.imgur.com/CN1mck0.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do we fix ice type or are they competitive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived