This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any advice for being a fox trainer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Any advice for being a fox trainer?

User Info: idontknowatall

idontknowatall
4 weeks ago#1
So, I'd like to try and be a fox based trainer but have a couple concerns. Is it worthwhile to use 2 of the same pokemon but with different movesets and abilities? Would eevee hold its own unevolved, and if not, which evolution more likely resembles a fox? I'm thinking umbreon.

User Info: Sheshesheeva

Sheshesheeva
3 weeks ago#2
Eevee won't last long unevolved, sadly.
And for which eeveelution resembles a fox most, I'd say flareon.
However, Ninetales and Delphox are also fire type foxes, and 3 fire types makes for an unbalanced team.

Glaceon could resemble an Artic fox, so that is an option.
MkX Main- Mileena "I will cut a hole in you"
INJ2 Main- Robin "Sorry but we take no prisoners"

idontknowatall
3 weeks ago#3
Sheshesheeva posted...
However, Ninetales and Delphox are also fire type foxes, and 3 fire types makes for an unbalanced team.

@Sheshesheeva, Yea I don't want to many of the same type. I'll look into Glaceon so thank you for that. I'm just struggling to get ninetails. There's nothing on the GTS and have been wonder trading as much as possible with no luck. Also can't find anyone online with one in the safari.

User Info: Sheshesheeva

Sheshesheeva
3 weeks ago#4
idontknowatall posted...
Sheshesheeva posted...

@Sheshesheeva, Yea I don't want to many of the same type. I'll look into Glaceon so thank you for that. I'm just struggling to get ninetails. There's nothing on the GTS and have been wonder trading as much as possible with no luck. Also can't find anyone online with one in the safari.

Do you have Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? on Mt.Pyre there are vulpixes. You could get one with the Drought ability there.
MkX Main- Mileena "I will cut a hole in you"
INJ2 Main- Robin "Sorry but we take no prisoners"

idontknowatall
3 weeks ago#5
Sheshesheeva posted...
idontknowatall posted...
Sheshesheeva posted...

Do you have Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? on Mt.Pyre there are vulpixes. You could get one with the Drought ability there.

Unfortunately I don't have either of them. I actually realized that you can do a manual search in the GTS and managed to trade for a vulpix with drought. Now is a matter of breeding everything to get the desired stats.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Any advice for being a fox trainer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived