This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle maison is immpossible

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Battle maison is immpossible

User Info: Antasma1

Antasma1
3 weeks ago#11
Way2fonky posted...
I know. That's why you should drop it and go full physical. Garchomp's special attack stat is mediocre.

Also, Iron Head is better coverage for Garchomp since it's super effective against two weaknesses instead of one (Ice and Fairy instead of Ice) and has perfect accuracy. By dropping DM and SE and replacing them with full accuracy moves, you can replace Hone Claws with Swords Dance and double its attack after one turn.

I went stone edge because earthquake doesn't effect flying types and weak against bug types

Antasma1
3 weeks ago#12
Way2fonky posted...
I know. That's why you should drop it and go full physical. Garchomp's special attack stat is mediocre.

Also, Iron Head is better coverage for Garchomp since it's super effective against two weaknesses instead of one (Ice and Fairy instead of Ice) and has perfect accuracy. By dropping DM and SE and replacing them with full accuracy moves, you can replace Hone Claws with Swords Dance and double its attack after one turn.

When mega evolved, his special attack is the second highest in the game. (Not including non-dragon types and legendaries)

User Info: ghost_tails

ghost_tails
3 weeks ago#13
Antasma1 posted...
When mega evolved, his special attack is the second highest in the game. (Not including non-dragon types and legendaries)

The problem with this is that the use of the Mega Stone doesn't let you take full advantage of that Special Attack. Despite having a lower Special Attack stat than Mega Garchomp, Goodra is actually better at using special attacks because it can use things like a Life Orb or a Choice Specs to boost its damage, or Leftovers to boost its longevity. Many mega evolutions fall victim to this limitation. I can get away with Gardevoir because the stat boosts are in the right places, in addition to the Ability it gets making Hyper Voice a godlike attack. You can make Mega Garchomp work, but its best potential isn't in special attacks, so you'd need to rethink your strategy. Either way, you'll need to carefully plan out a new team with good IVs and such.
Warning: User is known to the state of California to get preachy.
Official - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User Info: Way2fonky

Way2fonky
2 weeks ago#14
Antasma1 posted...
Way2fonky posted...

I went stone edge because earthquake doesn't effect flying types and weak against bug types

Garchomp doesn't mind flying outside of Skarmory (and Bronzong via Levitate). The Dragon STAB hits birds and insects decently enough. It does mind fairies and eating an Ice Beam after missing with Stone Edge.

It's your game though. Do whatever you think is best.
FC: 4828 5952 9854
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Rock Safari with Nosepass, Magcargo and Rhydon

User Info: Way2fonky

Way2fonky
2 weeks ago#15
ghost_tails posted...
Antasma1 posted...

The problem with this is that the use of the Mega Stone doesn't let you take full advantage of that Special Attack. Despite having a lower Special Attack stat than Mega Garchomp, Goodra is actually better at using special attacks because it can use things like a Life Orb or a Choice Specs to boost its damage, or Leftovers to boost its longevity. Many mega evolutions fall victim to this limitation. I can get away with Gardevoir because the stat boosts are in the right places, in addition to the Ability it gets making Hyper Voice a godlike attack. You can make Mega Garchomp work, but its best potential isn't in special attacks, so you'd need to rethink your strategy. Either way, you'll need to carefully plan out a new team with good IVs and such.

Imagine if GF minmaxed Mega Garchomp's attack and speed with a nerfed special, oh my gawd...
FC: 4828 5952 9854
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Rock Safari with Nosepass, Magcargo and Rhydon

Antasma1
2 weeks ago#16
Way2fonky posted...
Antasma1 posted...
Way2fonky posted...

Garchomp doesn't mind flying outside of Skarmory (and Bronzong via Levitate). The Dragon STAB hits birds and insects decently enough. It does mind fairies and eating an Ice Beam after missing with Stone Edge.

It's your game though. Do whatever you think is best.

Well, I also did that because draco meteor was limited by lower accuracy and drop of special attack every time. Also I made sure to take advantage of his special ability by putting Tyrantitar in front of him so he can create a sandstorm every time

User Info: Jerom88

Jerom88
2 weeks ago#17
Are you trying for a 50-win streak? I can't vouch for anything past that, but my Gengar, Garchomp and Vaporeon had a fairly smooth time of it. No Mega Evolutions necessary. I can post my full team / set-up if that helps. (Literally earned the Super Singles ribbons <5 mins ago.)
www.chronocritic.com

Antasma1
2 weeks ago#18
You know, I realize a lot of the problems I face can be solved with a fire type.

User Info: Jerom88

Jerom88
2 weeks ago#19
Antasma1 posted...
You know, I realize a lot of the problems I face can be solved with a fire type.

Perhaps. I made do sans fire attack, but I suppose it all depends on the team.
www.chronocritic.com
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Battle maison is immpossible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived