This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scrafty or Pangaro, and why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Scrafty or Pangaro, and why?

User Info: Antasma1

Antasma1
1 month ago#1
I need a fighting dark type in battle maison. To counter Ubreons using payback and pokemon using hypnosis. What's the advantage of using this specific Pokémon over the other?

User Info: ShinyJoshawott

ShinyJoshawott
1 month ago#2
It all depends on what you want for your team. Pangoro has great wallbreaking power with it's high attack and can really power through the Umbreons you seem to have problems with. It is, however, really slow and has a tough time staying in for a few turns. Alternatively, Scrafty is defensive, can take hits really well, and has 2 different boosting moves to sweep with in DD and Bulk Up. It is, however, pretty underwhelming without a boost or two under it's belt, or in it's case pants.

For the Battle Maison, I'd have to say that Scrafty would be the better of the two options because of the sheer versatility since you can use a bulk up, rest, shed skin set with leftovers, or a full sweeping set with Dragon Dance. If you have access to move tutors in ORAS, I'd recommend giving it Iron Head in conjunction with High BP stab moves, as after a couple of boosts no fairy types, bar the possible Granbull, can stand up to that power. Altenatively for the Bulk-up set, Drain punch for its fighting stab and knock off are great moves to go along with its boosts.

Hope that helped you decide!

User Info: Antasma1

Antasma1
1 month ago#3
Went with Scrafty because he can learn drain punch through breeding. But I'm frustrated that dark types aren't immune to physic status moves. I was thinking of switching to prime ape or mega absol, but I already breeded the scrafty and it still has shed skin and immune to dream eater
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Scrafty or Pangaro, and why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived