This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the exact mechanics for PokeRadar known yet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are the exact mechanics for PokeRadar known yet?

User Info: GenericJoe

GenericJoe
4 weeks ago#1
I don't see any hard facts, just rumors and speculation. Have the games been datamined to find the actual numbers going on behind the scenes?

For instance, following the advice below regarding the Gen 4 PokeRadar, I've been able to easily get a 40 chain on any Pokemon I want.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/chaining-with-the-pokeradar-the-correct-way-gp-2-2.3486334

But with the Gen 6 PokeRadar I have no idea what I'm doing and can't even get a chain over 20. It doesn't seem worth it in Gen 6 without knowing the exact odds to maximize your chances.

User Info: GenericJoe

GenericJoe
4 weeks ago#2
Well, I managed to get a 40 chain and get a shiny Goomy. The main thing I was curious about was if the 10% chance increase from catching versus KOing was in, but the thing is, the patches of grass are so small compared to Gen 4 that you basically have no chance of a good patch directly after a battle. So you're better off just KOing them and then keep resetting the radar in a better spot until you get a good patch. Much more annoying than Gen 4, but it works I guess.

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
4 weeks ago#3
GenericJoe posted...
the thing is, the patches of grass are so small compared to Gen 4 that you basically have no chance of a good patch directly after a battle.
This right here... you have to reset the radar a lot to chain in these games, the lack of suitable patches in nearly every area feels like a design oversight tbh. Fishing chains are easy at least.

User Info: ghost_tails

ghost_tails
4 weeks ago#4
There are tons of guides for gen 6 Pokeradar out there. This video has the best one that I know of off the top of my head, along with several other gen 6 shiny hunting methods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cT410kgzXk
Warning: User is known to the state of California to get preachy.
Official - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are the exact mechanics for PokeRadar known yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived