Game-breaking Stan Lee in Peril glitch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  3. Game-breaking Stan Lee in Peril glitch

User Info: Freedeath47

Freedeath47
3 years ago#1
I have everything completed except for 12 Stan Lees in Peril in New York.
My game froze right after saving the Hulked-Out Stan, and after resetting, that Stan icon stayed on the map screen, and no new Stan icons appeared.
I can't finish the game to 100% now, and I'm not looking forward to redoing many of the races if I need to start again.
Hopefully it won't happen to you.

User Info: PierceLee

PierceLee
3 years ago#2
There is one Stan Lee in Peril icon hidden below the big gym/dumbbell icon. I was missing that one too (which will lead to others) until someone pointed it out to me.

User Info: archvile_78

archvile_78
3 years ago#3
PierceLee posted...
There is one Stan Lee in Peril icon hidden below the big gym/dumbbell icon. I was missing that one too (which will lead to others) until someone pointed it out to me.

I second that, i had the same issue until someone pointed out the hidden stan lee behind the dumbbell icon.
PSN ID: Archvile78

Freedeath47
3 years ago#4
Thank you! I'm glad it's not the standard Lego game glitch, but there must be one somewhere. It's a tradition, after all...

Freedeath47
3 years ago#5
I spoke too soon.
I have all the Stan Lees thanks to the above tips, but I'm still missing one gold brick & one character, possibly the 100% completion character (It's just before Toad in the character grid).
I think the game freeze after saving Hulked-out Stan made me miss the associated brick.
99.8%, and I'm stuck.

User Info: UltimaXOmega

UltimaXOmega
3 years ago#6
Freedeath47 posted...
I spoke too soon.
I have all the Stan Lees thanks to the above tips, but I'm still missing one gold brick & one character, possibly the 100% completion character (It's just before Toad in the character grid).
I think the game freeze after saving Hulked-out Stan made me miss the associated brick.
99.8%, and I'm stuck.

Taskmaster
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Stalin
Official Black Mage Vivi of the Final Fantasy XV board

PierceLee
3 years ago#7
Look around the board, there is a thread about stuck at 99.9%. I am at 99.8% myself.

The very last quest that everyone is stuck at is a Stan Lee icon on the circus tent. No one knows what to do, but apparently repeating a quest in free mode will get you the 100% trophy (but the saved game will still stay at 99.9% or 99.8%) and plat.

I didn't read any forum till I platted by repeating the quest at the circus. Others have repeated the last story mission.

User Info: ITolerateYou

ITolerateYou
3 years ago#8
Same thing happened to me on the 360...

But there is a fix to get all trophies/achievements, it's just that your game will stay at 99.8 or 99.9; check this out for info on the work-around to it:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/lego-marvel-super-heroes/214682-stuck-99-9-a.html

It got me the 100% achievement, but left me at 99.9 because of the Stan Lee circus rescue apparently not counting.

PierceLee
3 years ago#9
ITolerateYou posted...
Same thing happened to me on the 360...

But there is a fix to get all trophies/achievements, it's just that your game will stay at 99.8 or 99.9; check this out for info on the work-around to it:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/lego-marvel-super-heroes/214682-stuck-99-9-a.html

It got me the 100% achievement, but left me at 99.9 because of the Stan Lee circus rescue apparently not counting.

You are rubyknight? I was one of those posting there :)

My 99.8 has gone up to 99.9 now, as I found one more race out at the sea at the west. So now I have all 250 gold bricks and everything, but still 99.9%, though I have the plat.

Freedeath47
3 years ago#10
So, I spoke too soon about speaking too soon; the 'curse of the Lego glitch' got the better of me.

Thanks for the Taskmaster suggestion; I found him and my missing gold brick out to sea, so to speak.

I managed to get 100%; if you're stuck at 99.9%, make sure you've purchased every character & vehicle; visit every type of vehicle pad (land, sea & air).

Two Stan Lee icons are still on my map, including the circus, but that didn't prevent 100% in my case.

Happy hunting!
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  3. Game-breaking Stan Lee in Peril glitch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived