Why is there no option for turning off mention notifications?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Why is there no option for turning off mention notifications?

User Info: HippopotamusRex

HippopotamusRex
5 months ago#1
I double and triple checked. Unless I'm missing something. This seems pretty obvious if a feature like this is added to have the option to turn it off. Am I missing something here? I've got to be, but I double and triple checked and there's no place to turn them off.
The Retro Hippo of the Retro Achievements
http://retroachievements.org/User/HippopotamusRex

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
5 months ago#2
Because it's not that hard to just delete the messages? If people are abusing it to spam you mentions, I'm fairly sure that's a reportable offense so...
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Thugstar

Thugstar
5 months ago#3
Because new features always need to be shoved down people's throat. One size fits all is the motto of some developers.

HippopotamusRex
5 months ago#4
FarplaneDragon posted...
Because it's not that hard to just delete the messages? If people are abusing it to spam you mentions, I'm fairly sure that's a reportable offense so...

Except I never chose to define a mention as a notification worthy message. It actively ruins my experience with the site. I couldn't care less who the mention is from because its interfering with the ui on the notification level. It insists upon itself when I use the notification bar for stuff of substance like pms. And the worst part is you can't decide for yourself to declare them unnoteworthy

User Info: ProfDE

ProfDE
5 months ago#5
I also would like the ability to turn notifications for mentions off.
SMM: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/KINGARCEUS
Newest Level: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/0C47-0000-01EE-6EAD

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
5 months ago#6
HippopotamusRex posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...

Except I never chose to define a mention as a notification worthy message. It actively ruins my experience with the site. I couldn't care less who the mention is from because its interfering with the ui on the notification level. It insists upon itself when I use the notification bar for stuff of substance like pms. And the worst part is you can't decide for yourself to declare them unnoteworthy

Now you're just being dramatic.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
5 months ago#7
FarplaneDragon posted...
HippopotamusRex posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...

Now you're just being dramatic.

It's literally not that hard to clear notifications, you don't even have to leave the page you're on.

User Info: Roxborough4Ever

Roxborough4Ever
5 months ago#8
I bet Allen found a way to turn them off for himself after people were abusing it on him that one day.
You feast on red herring because it is your birthright.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
5 months ago#9
Anti signs (no need to turn off menitons)
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

HippopotamusRex
5 months ago#10
TriforceSD posted...
Anti signs (no need to turn off menitons)

So why are you against my ability to turn them off? Or other people they annoy? You have no reason to say this. At all. Its a line of code and a drop down. That's it.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Why is there no option for turning off mention notifications?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived