Topics get 'Archived' way to quickly. I recomond making the date longer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Topics get 'Archived' way to quickly. I recomond making the date longer

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
4 months ago#1
what is it now... 15 days without a post? 2 weeks?

I think it should be something more along the lines of 3 - 6 months before they get closed to posting. I miss the old system when it let us posted whenever we wanted. I find I walk away from a topic for awhile only to come back 2 weeks later and boom- no longer able to post, despite it only being on the second page!

can we make it longer then it already is?

User Info: Unown_201

Unown_201
4 months ago#2
mothballs posted...
what is it now... 15 days without a post? 2 weeks?

Can be as little as 1 day, you can find the archive schedule at https://www.gamefaqs.com/help/19-rules-and-standards

The archive schedule is based on how many active messages a board has:

Under 6 Messages: 10 Days
6-100 Messages: 30 Days
101-250 Messages: 20 Days
251-500 Messages: 15 Days
501-1000 Messages: 12 Days
1001-2500 Messages: 10 Days
2501-5000 Messages: 7 Days
5001-7500 Messages: 6 Days
7501-10000 Messages: 5 Days
10001-12500 Messages: 4 Days
12501-15000 Messages: 3 Days
15001-20000 Messages: 2 Days
20001 or more Messages: 1 Day
"Knowledge is knowing the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both ways anyway."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1282-alternative-science-and-history

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
4 months ago#3
If it was up to me, I'd raise the length for the "under 6 messages" category; boards with less than 6 active messages are visited so infrequently that there's a decent chance nobody will visit it within ten days of a question asked on the board. In addition, those boards have very few messages and very few visitors, so they're not a strain on Gamefaqs' resources the way highly active boards are.

But I'm not an admin or moderator, so it's not up to me.
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Who cares about graphics when the gameplay is awesome?

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
4 months ago#4
why can't we go back to the 500 post limit and extend it to 6 months across the board?

or is the 500 post limit stupid these days?

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
4 months ago#5
There's already a suggestion topic on this board about the purge/archive rate, so there's no need for two topics about the same thing.

Topics automatically lock at 500 posts and that's unlikely to change by a petition. If the admins feel that it needs to be changed they'll make that decision. As it is most topics don't reach 500 anyway and if a topic reaches 500, then someone can make a second topic if it needs to be continued.
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Topics get 'Archived' way to quickly. I recomond making the date longer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived