Notification option for topics you have posted in/option to auto-track topics...

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Notification option for topics you have posted in/option to auto-track topics...

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
2 weeks ago#1
that you post in.

Some people just don't think to track topics that they post in that they might want to actually keep up with. It's pretty easy for that to slip your mind. You get notifications when someone posts in a topic you made, so why not add an option to get notified when there's a post in a topic you posted in? Either as its own thing or by automatically tracking anything you post in, same outcome either way, just different window dressing.

In shorter terms, I think there should be a user option to get notifications when a post is made in a topic you have posted in, either by automatically tracking it or by an unrelated system. Leave it off by default if you must.

User Info: Unown_201

Unown_201
2 weeks ago#2
*Sign*

Been suggested before (by me and others) and generally seems like it was wanted. There is a script a user named OTACON120 made for a "Post and Track" button, see https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/68678209#9

Having this as a normal part of the site would be nice though.
"Knowledge is knowing the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both ways anyway."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1282-alternative-science-and-history

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
1 week ago#3
even without tracking specific topics, you can check if topics have new posts in your "my posts" section.

as for the auto tracking all posts, that would get pretty annoying unless you post like once a month or something. a post and track button along with a post normally button on the other hand is a good idea.

User Info: stone

stone
1 week ago#4
Anti sign.
Track the topics you want to track, or use the active messages. I don't want to get a notification every time someone posts in a topic I posted in, and have to untrack then.
The system already has the features to do what you want to do, just use them.
PONG WAS REAL? I thought that was just a story parents told kids to scare them

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
1 week ago#5
So did you miss the part where I said it's a toggle that's off by default?

It won't affect you unless you turn it on.

User Info: stone

stone
1 week ago#6
Guess I did miss the toggle part.
I suppose it could have it's uses for some people, so long as it isn't forced upon everyone.
PONG WAS REAL? I thought that was just a story parents told kids to scare them

User Info: icevenant

icevenant
1 week ago#7
*sign*
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Notification option for topics you have posted in/option to auto-track topics...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.