Download button for FAQs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Download button for FAQs

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
2 months ago#1
By faqs meaning walkthrough, and all sorts of user-created guides.

I don't see why this isn't a feature implemented 10 years ago.

Yes I know it's easy to just copy-paste all into notepad, but why is that something you have to do? and why is the "printable" version of a Faq a button at the end of the html page? why not a simple download button at the very top of the page?

this is good for anyone who wants to print out or download an FAQ and go offline afterwards

User Info: Kratos15354

Kratos15354
2 months ago#2
File -> Save As... does it all.

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
2 months ago#3
This was a feature, until it was changed a few years ago.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
2 months ago#4
Most of the authors of said guides are against being able to easily download their guides. While not having the button isn't going to stop all thefts, the little extra effort required to copy and paste the guide is worth it, even if it only stops 1 theft.

This feature is likely not something that will ever be returned.

User Info: thelovebat

thelovebat
1 month ago#5
Krystal109 posted...
Most of the authors of said guides are against being able to easily download their guides.

I don't think that's the case. I think they just want people to quit stealing them. Punishing the average user just because they can be stolen doesn't even prevent someone from being able to steal it, sadly.
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2

Krystal109
1 month ago#6
Well, if you hate the the fact that you can't download FAQs, you're going to love the update that they are rolling out next week that will break guides into a typical "page view" layout - like each chapter of the guide will be a new page.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-gamefaqs-contributors-faqs-and-guides/75684090

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
1 month ago#7
Krystal109 posted...
Well, if you hate the the fact that you can't download FAQs, you're going to love the update that they are rolling out next week that will break guides into a typical "page view" layout - like each chapter of the guide will be a new page.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-gamefaqs-contributors-faqs-and-guides/75684090

This is unfortunate. I save FAQs so I can play the game offline (I don't have an always on Internet connection, but I'm sure I'm in the minority). I'm not going to save hundreds of pages for one game. Guess I'll look elsewhere for FAQs.
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

Krystal109
1 month ago#8
ironyisntdead posted...
Krystal109 posted...

This is unfortunate. I save FAQs so I can play the game offline (I don't have an always on Internet connection, but I'm sure I'm in the minority). I'm not going to save hundreds of pages for one game. Guess I'll look elsewhere for FAQs.

I would suggest sending in feedback tickets when it rolls out to express your opinions. GameFAQs is going to do what they want to do, but if the user base stops visiting guides because of it, they aren't gaining anything. I am thinking of just making ebooks of my guides for people who want an offline version.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 month ago#9
I like the idea and I'll sign...
But don't like this new feature coming out. I like to see the whole guide at one time anyways..
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
1 month ago#10
Krystal109 posted...

Wow always money driven as usual. More pages, more ad clicks
This site is a shadow of what it used to be
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Download button for FAQs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived