Petition: Allow community board owners to delete archived posts.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Petition: Allow community board owners to delete archived posts.

User Info: P4wn4g3

P4wn4g3
2 months ago#21
*sign*
Seriously if this idea isn't dead in the water, it's the main reason I don't turn on archiving.
Hive Mind of Dark Aether, the unofficial Metroid Social Private board.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/851-dark-aether

User Info: Muryo

Muryo
2 months ago#22
Yukiko__Amagi posted...
Before I sign or antisign... Why? It seems like it would be to erase a skeleton in the closet.

Not signing, it’s always fun to see pests having their own words used against them when hypocrisy is exposed.
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
2 months ago#23
*signs*
"It's not death I'm feared of, I'm just feared of doing nothing in life." - Sahil Bawalia
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 months ago#24
Yukiko__Amagi posted...
Before I sign or antisign... Why? It seems like it would be to erase a skeleton in the closet.

The logic is this:
-Users are able to delete their own archived posts
-Board owners are able to delete board members' active posts
-Outside of technical reasons (which I understand are valid, or at least used to be in the old system), this is simply the overlap between 2 already existing functions.

This goes towards @Muryo too, who seems not to realize that archived posts are already able to be deleted.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: TwinBee

TwinBee
1 month ago#25
I had archiving on when my board was something else entirely, so there's irrelevant topics in the last few pages. I kept it on for a while, but then I thought maybe people would be more comfortable posting if not everything was saved. I was hoping the archived topics would go away when archiving was turned off, just so the board would be a little cleaner (the archived topics outnumber the active ones), but that wasn't the case.

So, yeah. Sign.

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
1 month ago#26
bump
This sig won't be changed until a certain pitcher with an alliterative name either gets DFAed, somehow traded because of a stupid gm, or blows out his elbow

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
4 weeks ago#27
looks like I can't get enough support, I think this will be the last time I bump it unless it gets more signs
This sig won't be changed until a certain pitcher with an alliterative name either gets DFAed, somehow traded because of a stupid gm, or blows out his elbow

User Info: Lord_Shadow

Lord_Shadow
4 weeks ago#28
Signs
Looking for new sign GT My Lord Shadow :3DS FC 0791 2649 3488

User Info: Skyrim_Guard

Skyrim_Guard
4 weeks ago#29
Signs

User Info: Mauron

Mauron
4 weeks ago#30
*signs*
You roll 3d0, a wormhole erupts in your hand and swallows the universe. ~ HyperRyun
http://maurtopia.com
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Petition: Allow community board owners to delete archived posts.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.