Suggestion: add a 'Mute' topic button to your own topics.........

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: add a 'Mute' topic button to your own topics.........

User Info: Thanos_Galactus

Thanos_Galactus
2 months ago#1
So i know there's an option to stop receiving notifications altogether but im talking about just to stop receiving them for specific topics you created but still keep receiving notifications on your other topics. I don't want to close it outright because I don't want to stop the conversations, but sometimes you just stop caring about your own topic that you don't want to be notified anymore about new posts.

So just add a 'mute' button to topics and when a topic creator clicks it they will no longer receive notifications but still allow the topic to continue.

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
2 months ago#2
Isn't that what the track topic button does? You just click on "Untrack topic" and it stops notifying you? Unless you mean username mentions, which I think they said they're not turning those notifications off.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Thanos_Galactus

Thanos_Galactus
2 months ago#3
FarplaneDragon posted...
Isn't that what the track topic button does? You just click on "Untrack topic" and it stops notifying you? Unless you mean username mentions, which I think they said they're not turning those notifications off.

No im talking about a topic you created. when people post in it you get a notification regardless if you hit the track topic link or not.

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
2 months ago#4
sounds like a good idea, especially if you're the type to create 30 messages a day

i forgot to sign

signs
This sig won't be changed until a certain pitcher with an alliterative name either gets DFAed, somehow traded because of a stupid gm, or blows out his elbow

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 months ago#5
Yes, please.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Anisoptera

Anisoptera
2 months ago#6
*signs*

User Info: stone

stone
2 months ago#7
Good idea.
Personally, I go through my active message list to view topics I posted in that have new posts. Since I created the topic, I'll see it in there, I don't need a notification each time someone posts in it, on top of seeing it in my active message lists.

*signs*
PONG WAS REAL? I thought that was just a story parents told kids to scare them

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
1 month ago#8
Well, that's a bug according to me.
Instead of mute button, it would be better not to track our own topics to stop getting notices. Because it would cover more space and it would not be looking good.

Whenever you make topics, they MUST be tracked (by default) automatically to get notices otherwise users may forget to track topic everytime they make new one. They can miss important topics. After creating topic, they can untrack it.

*conditional*
"It's not death I'm feared of, I'm just feared of doing nothing in life." - Sahil Bawalia
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: add a 'Mute' topic button to your own topics.........

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived